09. plus more.

some trigger warningsviewer discretion is advised

viewer discretion is advised.

" maybe you should come out of your room for once and join us for dinner. " a muffled voice from the other side of the dark oak door said, making yūgure close her eyes tightly, and dig her fingers into her scalp harshly.

what did this little boy know?
couldn't he just leave her alone?

hasn't he been through something similar?

yūgure said nothing back, and only tried to ignore the burning in her eyes, and the pain she caused by biting into her cheek.

" weren't you shut out enough when you lived with your biological parents? " he asked then, and yūgure's eyes widened in anger and shock.

how dare this - random child -??

how could he just say something like that?

yūgure ripped her blankets from over her body, and stomped to the door.

she yanked it open and peered down at the blank face of the black haired boy who actually looked somewhat sleep deprived.

" what do you know about what i've been through? were you my next door neighbor? if so, you probably could've called the police when you saw me walk out of that house with bruises all over my face, or when those people burned it down. "

" are you stupid? " he asked after a bit of silence, and yūgure tightened her grip around the door and with such calm, she smiled.

" yeah, i'm an idiot. i'm really, really stupid. so stupid that i don't understand what you're trying to say. " she said and he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"i'm trying to say that everything is different here, and that we're trying to spend time with you. "
he says, and yūgure's heart stutters in her chest, but her resolve steeled over and she glared at the shorter male.

" i don't need anyone to spend time with me, because I'm fine. i'm not even hungry. " yūgure slammed the door shut, and upon hearing the boy on the other side of the door walk away, she collapsed against the door and started to cry.

everything just came crashing down on her shoulders, her parents just disappearing and found dead.

they were probably doing drugs, or got involved with the wrong people.
got killed over the tiniest thing, maybe.

hit by a car.
or... suicide.

the light in yūgure's eyes diminished, and her cold and chapped lips parted, her expression holding that of complete emptiness.

maybe suicide ran in the family.

why didn't they tell her how they died?

yūgure picked herself up from the floor and walked over to her new bed.