Chapter 2

"Well, I'm glad to see you're still alive." A deep male voice says from behind me. I turn to face the man speaking to me and my eyes connect with my boss's sexy, lazy gaze. His lips are turned up in a sly grin and his pupils are dilated from the low light in the bar, making his eyes almost black. He's been drinking and I can smell the alcohol emanating from him.

"Uhh..." I reply. Very sexy, I know but what would you say at this moment? He's looking down at me kind of like he is deciding whether or not to plunder my village. I know it's only because he is drunk but damn... I wish he would.

Okay, let's pause, and I'll answer the question I know you are thinking: "Kate, why does he think you might have been rotting in a ditch?" Remember how he said that he wanted to talk to me the next day after he caught me in his closet? Yeah, I never went back to work. It has been a week, and I saw I had missed a couple of calls from him on my Blackberry. But I just figured he was calling me to fire me. I guess maybe he wasn't.

He is still grinning at me. Fuck, I can't think of anything witty to say to him. I'm just going to give him "sexy eyes," slowly drink my drink and try to give my mind a chance to string together a coherent sentence. Fuck, he looks good.

His black shirt is unbuttoned half-way down his chest and a sly smile is peeking through his dark, long beard. He is still staring down at me and leaning up against the bar. Maya drug me out tonight so we could meet some guys and get laid. So that should give you an idea about my appearance. Let's just say, I do not look classy.

I am wearing a pair of strappy nude heels and a short, dark green slip dress with spaghetti straps. Who am I kidding, it looks more like a negligee than a dress. And of course, I am not wearing anything underneath this because the satin material doesn't leave anything to the imagination. I wanna get laid and I look like it... it's been over three months. I am desperate at this point. My vibrator is short circuiting and begging for a vacation. Poor little guy.

Fuck, I don't think I can delay this any longer. Should I make a sex joke? Fuck, help me. I only have half of my old fashioned left, I'm running out of drink!

He takes my drink out of my hand and his warm, long fingers brush up against mine and I feel a quiver between my legs. I haven't had sex for a long time, okay? Give me a break. I'm one touch away from humping his leg.

He looks down at the contents of my drink, tosses the tiny straw onto the bar counter, then downs my drink in one swift gulp.

He sets the drink down on the counter, turns to me and pulls the Maraschino cherry stem out of his mouth. He raises his eyebrows at me and cocks his head to the side while chewing on the cherry. This sexy fucker is playing with me.

I chuckle slightly at his display and I reach over the polished wood counter to grab a couple of cherries from behind the bar. I feel his eyes on my ass as I lean over and this dress is so short that I know he got more than a peek at my ass cheeks. But, I'm going to play his game. I pop one in my mouth and hold his gaze as I perform my trick. All I got from college is a degree I'm not using and this bar trick. Money well spent, I'd say.

His eyes drop to my mouth and I hold the knotted stem between my teeth to show him.

He smiles lazily at me and his fingers brush my bottom lip as he takes the knotted cherry stem from my mouth. He chuckles slightly and places it on the bar.

"So, do you want to come back to work for me? You obviously have many talents..." He says and looks down at the knotted cherry stem he took from my mouth then looks back at me.

"I'm not fired?" I ask.

He shakes his head "no," then motions to the bartender. He orders me another old fashioned and a beer for himself. After ordering, he faces me and says, "I'd prefer if you didn't hide out in my closet while I have guests over but my office is a mess, and my cat misses you."

I smile at his comment and reply, "you just want me to come back for your pussy?" I know this was childish but he walked into it.

He smiles, leans towards me and says, "I grew fond of having more than one pussy in my house."

I laugh and reply, "I'm pretty sure that's sexual harassment."

He grins back at me and says, "After last Friday, I think you and I are beyond sexual harassment now." The bartender sets our drinks down in front of us before I can reply. He tells the bartender that I am on his tab for the night, then grabs an extra cherry from behind the bar and places it in my drink.

"Have fun tonight, Kate," he says with a wink then pushes off the bar. I watch him as he threads through the dark, packed club. My nipples are hard, my mouth is dry and my...well, let's just say my mouth is the only thing that is dry.

"Okay, he's gone, you can stop pretending like you don't know me," I say to the woman with her back to me.

Maya turns around with a grin on her face and says, "Fuck, I see why you named your vibrator after him. How did you luck out with a total babe and I have a 70-year old cruel woman with bunions?" She asks and rips my drink out of my hands.

She sips my drink then says, "Shit, he made ME wet, and he wasn't even talking to me. And he is buying your drinks all night? Ugh, you lucky bitch." She motions to the bartender and tells me to order myself another drink.

"He kind of seemed into me, right? Or is my sexual desert making me hallucinate a horny mirage?" I ask her after ordering another drink.

She nods in understanding then says, "I don't think he is your sex oasis. These guys always want to fuck us then toss us aside. If I had a dollar for every PA who fucked her boss, I'd have my own fucking PA by now," she says and points the skinny drink straw at me for emphasis. "Besides look at the chick he is with right now," she nods her head towards the booth he is sitting in with a woman who is all legs and tits.

"I know. I know," I agree then add, "I just need to get laid tonight and get him out of my mind."

"Hear, hear, sister," Maya says and raises her drink to me in cheers. "Let's go mingle with these dudes and take a couple home."