chapter 38: my great mentor

Eun Jung's PoV

"hon thank you" Jennie said.

I chuckled

"so you finally called me hon" I said.

"really?" she asked.

"well yes. I never heard you call me that before" I awkwardly said.

I saw jennie smiled in hide. Did I make her heart fluttered?

eheh.

"I mean it, Honey thank you for everything. You really fulfills me alot" Jennie said as she go back facing me.

"everything for you babe" I said and kissed her forehead.

----------

Jennie's PoV

"are you sure you're going to work? what about your dad?" eun jung asked.

I know my dad hurt me. But I can't be mad at him. He's my dad after all. And I love him even tho he never make me feel like her daughter.

"of course. I have to help him in the company. Dad is getting old. I know he can't do all the work all at once. I need to help him" I said.

I saw no reaction of Eun jung. She just nodded.

--------------

"Dad" I called knocking the door 3 times at his office.

I just decided to get inside but I was surprised that he's not there.

I immediately get outside to asked the secretary but I was destructed and decided to go to dad's table

I suddenly felt curious.

I don't know what pushed me to open the drawer. I was just shocked as I saw a medical envelope. I got so curious and opened it.

my heart pound hard as I saw it was my dad's medical certificate and it state a stage 2 bone cancer.

I suddenly felt wet in my face.

yes, I'm crying. Why he didn't tell me about this.

"jennie what are you doing in my table" I know it was dad and I had no comment.

"jennie" Dad exclaimed as he reached me.

I felt my tears fell even more. I wiped it before I speak up.

"why are you hiding this from us?" I sobs.

dad didn't say a word he just stole it from my hands and walk out.

I was so down. I couldn't even move. I felt like I've never fulfilled my duty as his daughter. I hope I can still help my dad. I guess mom didn't know about this. After all what we've been through, I'm still thankful to my dad that he made me this tough and invulnerable. I am Jennie Kim because of him. He makes me see the reality that everything in not just all about living a good life. It's also about becoming focus and strong to your goals. I couldn't imagine I could run a big company. It's because of Dad, he's a great mentor.