Chapter XIV

Two days To Valentine's Day.

"This looks pretty, they'll definitely like it," said the lady from the other side of the cash counter

"Yea, I hope she will," I said and took out my wallet

"It's 16.99$, you want me to wrap it?"

"Yes, please," I said as I gave twenty

She took out some gift wrappers with different colors and asked me to select one. I selected the black one with tiny heart shapes in gold. The shop bell rang as some other customer entered the only gift shop in our town. The light early spring weather swooped in before the man closes the door.

"So, someone special?" asked the cashier woman

"Yeah, my friend. Her birthday is near." I said and felt guilty for lying though.

I had to say that it's for Anna's birthday which is in June. I can't say that I am taking that for the special day. Whatever, she'll get to know that it's for valentine's day when I come to get the flowers later this week.

"Here you go. Pretty and perfect for your loved one." She said

I gave twenty as I said "Thank you! keep the change. Nice day."

I came out of the shop, looked at the perfectly wrapped tiny box and hid it in my hoodie pocket as something of mine depends on it, and walked towards home. It's Thursday, 2 clocks in the afternoon. Valentine's Day is going to fall on Sunday. Anna still didn't reply to any of my texts. There's a school-level science quiz competition going on and Rock Hill High has hosted it this year. Students from different schools from towns around will join and compete in the tests to prove their memory power by answering the questions which we can know the answer to just by a little search in google.

Well, I don't think it's a waste of time I just think it's dumb. All science students are filling the school with their projects for the exhibition and all the commerce students got a holiday. Well, we are welcome to go and see, but to be honest it's not the science I'd appreciate. For me, it's always about the space-time singularity and the black holes and my favorite super nova-s and big bang theory.

It really doesn't make sense why everyone would think that there is someone called the creator. It would make more sense to say that everything in this universe came out from a single atom. Well, now I am walking home with my brain trying to find reasons to believe in God. Great.

This is one of the reasons that I didn't go for science. Every time I raise my hand to ask questions in science class, teachers would go mad and turn me down. Of Course, they know only how to balance the chemical equations and not about the chemicals that formed our brains. Only to find the X in the problem and not to explain how would time travel is possible.

I didn't want to go deep into the field where you can find more questions than answers. To be precise, every answer gives birth to a new question. I knew I won't be okay until I find answers to some questions. So, I take commerce. Only the numbers and the behavior of consumers. Either you going to predict the economy's next depression or earn more stash with fraud accounting, but you have to be smart to do any of them.

I came into Steven St. Usually, I take the normal route to go home by taking left from the clock tower but today I wanted to take a different one. This street got its name from one of the townies "Steven Fares". They say that he fought with the cowboys of the neighboring town who always be coming to Rock-Hill to steal resources in the early 70s. Of course, he's the sheriff. I respect him. I walked by the tattoo shop. I always wanted to get a tattoo and it urged me more when I saw the tattoo on Anna's hand. I would definitely get a tattoo of infinity. It's related to science, arts, poetry, nature, and everything that mankind knows of.