BFDI 16: Bowling, Now With Plot Twists!

April 1st, 2011

"Let's get down to business

"Let's get down to business. We will go in alphabetical order. So Bubble is first."

Pencil rubbed her hands together with glee. Thirty points per bowling pin makes a LOT of points to subtract. This should be fun. But first things first. She turned to Bubble and started to say, "Now, Bubble, I know you aren't great at bowling, but-"

She froze, her eyes bulging in disbelief as Bubble's bowling ball rolled off the platform's edge and hit the ground below with a dull thunk. "Oio, sorry, Pencil," Bubble apologized, turning towards her friend. "Whoit were you going to soiy?"

Pencil inhaled deeply, taking several seconds, then let it out. "Never mind."

Everybody else's turns went pretty smoothly. Firey's and Leafy's were the same, obviously (ten and three respectively). Pencil managed to score two more pins than she had the first time around (for a total of seven), which she was pretty satisfied with. Needle scored a strike. And while Teardrop didn't get all the pins, eight of them were obliterated after she spun in place faster and faster and eventually launched the ball at Mach 1. The other contestants made a mental note not to underestimate her after that.

And before they knew it, it was already time to ruin their fellow competitors' scores.

Pencil slid forwards once Leafy had gotten her equality. "Pencil, with 7 pins, you can subtract 210 points," informed the Announcer. "What do you want?"

"50 points each off of Tennis Ball, Firey, and Spongy. They're too far ahead. And..." She briefly considered draining several of Needle's points, to make a point. (As if the aforementioned object wasn't already pointy enough.) But her sensible side told her that actively making enemies would only hinder her. So she continued, "...and 15 points from everyone else except me and Bubble."

"What?" TB complained from the sidelines

"What?" TB complained from the sidelines. "But you didn't take 50 points from Leafy, and she's in second place!"

"That's because I consider Leafy a close friend."

"Aw, thanks!"

The Announcer picked up where he had left off. "Moving on, it's your turn, Teardrop. You can remove 240- oh!" He paused as TD placed a sheet of paper in front of him. "Looks like she already has it ready. Nice initiative. Let's see..."