Chapter 5. A Surprising Explanation

"Now just to be clear, I'm not from here. Or to be more specific, I'm not from your world. In my world, I'm more of a hero and pretty well known as well."

"A hero?! What's the supposed to mea-?!"

Rem screamed as Ram, Puck, Beatrice, and Emilia looked on in shock.

"Rem, I wish to inquire something first."

Roswaal interrupted as he lifted his head from his hands.

"Roswaal-sama..." Rem turned to look at her lord expectantly.

"Subaru-kun, what exactly did you mean with 'my world' ?"

Roswaal asked, the connotation catching the attention of everyone in the room, minus Zarestia of course as her contractor told her about his home previously in Kararagi.

Subaru smiled proudly and arrogantly as he began speaking.

"Well, I'm glad you asked! As you know, I'm not from the kingdom. But then again, I'm not from any of your kingdoms!"

"You mean to say that you come from beyond the Great Waterfall?"

Beatrice asked, dropping her speech pattern in her surprise.

'No...surely he lies.'

She thought.

Zarestia then replied with a smug look on her face.

"That's exactly what he's saying. What's wrong librarian? Jealous?"

"Why would I be jealous of you and your annoying contractor, in fact?!"

"What did you say?!"

They both glared at each other.

Subaru continued.

"I don't know what a 'Great Waterfall' is, but the answer would be both yes and no."

Subaru said as he reached for his left wrist.

"...He's telling the truth, again, somehow."

A surprised Puck pointed out.

"Then what do you mean?"

Emilia asked, beyond her belief.

'Just who are you Subaru...?'

Emilia thought to herself while Rem and Ram, were staring at him equally confused. He smelled like Witch yet he wasn't a cultist. And to top it all off he claims that he could beat Satella. Everyone aside from Zarestia who already knew Subaru was not bluffing could only wonder if he was being arrogant or he was actually being serious, and Puck confirming him telling the truth was spelling out everything for them, aside from Zarestia of course.

Subaru smirked and looked at his watch. The same watch he used to scan the food if it was poisoned or not. He then spoke.

"Nicole, display please."

Subaru spoke as he was confident in the built in AI he had installed on his watch and named it Nicole due to how he remembered his past lives as Sonic and Shadow.

"On it."

The AI responded. A bluish screen emerged from Subaru's wrist. The sudden light prompted both Rem and Ram to draw their weapons, but they refrained from doing it due to their lord instructing them not to do so, since they already caused enough problems already by pissing off Zarestia. Roswaal and Beatrice were simply surprised since they never seen a device capable of displaying an image image this perfectly.

Everyone was surprised.

"Does a spirit inhabit that Metia, Subaru?"

"What? No, it's just an A.I. though you guys don't know what that means."