the mall

just a little warning, this chapter does include SA

January 2nd, 1983

9:00 am

I wake up to the sound of yelling, of course, it's mom and dad fighting.  They're always fighting. I never get a break. Almost every day is the same. Honestly, if they're so unhappy in their marriage they should get a divorce, but no, my mom chooses to stay with him.

I waited for them to stop so I could get out of bed. They both had left for work and I didn't really wanna stay home all day, I mean, it's still winter break, so we don't go back til January 9th.

I called Fabi and waited for her to answer. "hello?..." she answered, it sounded like she just woke up. "can we hang out today, I'm bored" I told her as she gave me a groan in response. "where do you wanna go today.....?" she asked quietly, "wanna go to the mall?" She paused for a second, "sure, I'll go to your house at noon" she said before hanging up.

12:06 pm

Fabiola had just showed up at my house, she was with fredrick, Mark, Simon, and ofc... Mike.

Me and Mike still aren't talking, this is gonna be so awkward.... 

Michael looked at me, his eyes widened and he blushed a bit, weird. I was wearing dark flared jeans that had a few rips around the thighs and a red top that had a little cut-out heart on the front of it on my chest, along with my outfit I had a dark grey zip-up jacket. 

Fabiola yawned before speaking "Let's go..." she said, still sounding hella tired. "Mike, go get your car" she continued. "what?! why???" Michael argued, "Do you wanna walk to the mall?" she asked him, he paused for a second, looking at the ground before speaking, "No..." he groaned. 

He grabbed his keys from inside his house and we all got in his car. "SHOTGUN!" Fredrick yelled, running to the passenger door, "No" Michael replied to him. "Oh come on, please!", "No, go to the back", "Fine!" 

Everyone else had already gotten in but there was only one seat left..... Ugh, of course, it has to be the front seat. 

I got in the car and zoned out so I wouldn't have to talk to Mike. 

We showed up at the mall and walked around for a bit, "Oh! Let's go in there!" Fabiola yelled excitedly, grabbing my hand and dragging me into a store as the boys groaned and followed us in. 

//

We finally got done with shopping and decided to go to the food court.

We were eating until I saw a photo booth, "Fabi! We need to. get a picture!" I yelled excitedly, "Ok, ok, let's go" As soon as she said that I grabbed her hand and rushed over to the photo booth as if it was gonna grow legs and start running from us. 

Once we got done with our pictures she smirked, "I don't like these, can we take more?" she asked, "uh, sure, but I don't see anything wrong with-", "GREAT! Get back in, I'm gonna fix my hair!" she said as I got back into the booth. 

I waited for about 2 minutes before hearing "I'm back!" from Fabiola, I was expecting her to get back into the booth but instead, Michael was shoved in. He put his hand on my knee to help himself up, he paused and looked up at me, I was bright red. He quickly took his hand back, "sorry...." He apologized awkwardly. 

Is this seriously gonna keep going? We're not gonna talk about the kiss? What's up with him? Does he wanna stay friends or not? 

I sighed.

"so are we not gonna talk about it?

"talk about what?"

"Don't play dumb"

"There's nothing to talk about."

"yes there is"

"Oh my fucking god... Y/n, it was just a kiss, you're not fucking special. I've kissed a bunch of girls!" 

I sighed,  of course, I was hoping he would say something like that, just not so harsh.  Whatever, it's ok y/n,  you wanted the truth, and now you know. He doesn't like me and I don't like him like that. "So, we're cool then, right?" I asked. He took a deep breath,  "Yes! We're cool! Just... Quit making a big deal out of the kiss, alright?"  I nodded and smiled softly

I walked out of the booth with Michael following me. "you guys go ahead, I'm gonna go to the bathroom" Fabiola said as we all continued walking. 

When we got to the arcade there was a group of boys around our age. As we walked into the arcade, one of the boys whistled at me, causing Mike to shoot them a dirty look. "you ok?" Simon whispered to Mike, "Yeah..." he said in return. It was pretty clear that Michael was bothered by the group of boys. 

I took off my jacket and wrapped it around my waist "damn!~" one of the boys yelled. I ignored them and started playing my game. In the middle of round one I felt someone's hands on my waist. "why don't you come join me and my friends over there~" He offered, "oh, I-I don't know if-" I tried to decline his offer, "no, no! I insist, come join us~" the boy said, pulling me over to him and his friends.

His friends were sitting at a table, one boy got up as I sat down in between 2 boys. They were a group of 4. One of them had his head facing away from me, so I couldn't see what he looked like.