Prologue - The Prince

[250 Before Age]

The newly appointed Saiyan King Rhub paced back and forth.

"My King—"

"Cilla, not now!"

His wife, Queen Cilla, watched him with furrowed brows. "That blood test is not always right—"

"Our son, the future King, cannot be tested as a low-class warrior!"

She hesitantly placed her hands on his chest. "Rhub, no one has to know!"

"It will become obvious in time!!" he shook her. "He will become a mockery and will be replaced! Do you want that for our, son?!"

Cilla's eyes watered. "Of course not. But what else are we supposed to do? He's our boy..."

Rhub's eyes darkened. Something had to be done, no matter how painful. "I will not let this child shame us."

After a moment, her eyes widened. "Rhub? Wh-What do you mean by that?"

The King threw her aside and pulled out a blade from his waist. He neared his newborn son's crib.

The Queen quickly hurried after him once she saw the blade. "No! You can't!!" she caught up and pulled on him.

Rhub continued, too determined to turn back now. It needed to be done.

She yanked on his tail, making him slightly flinched, and used this opportunity to smack the blade away.

It tumbled onto the floor, and they both hurried for it.

Rhub yanked on her longer hair, making her cry out. He pulled forward just ahead and snatched the blade.

Cilla growled and gripped his wrist and the blade handle. "You can't do this!! We were trying for so long, and the now the gods have gifted us with this child! You can't upset the gods!!"

She pulled, fighting him for the blade.

He hid his pain. "They are already upset with us!! They sent us a weakling, not a prince!"

"It may not have been what you wanted, but he is what I always wanted! I don't care if he's weak! I grew him, I birthed him, and I love him—!"

Cilla gasped and stopped short. Their wide eyes met, and they both looked down to see the blade was driven deeply into her stomach.

"My love...?" she breathed before falling.

Rhub hurried to catch her. "Oh gods! What... What have I done?!" he panicked, watching as an endless blood of pool began to spill out. "Cilla! Stay awake! My love, stay with me! I-I take it all back!!"

Cilla tried to breathe despite the blood escaping from her mouth. "Take care of him... We made that boy... Our little... Cumber..."

The King watched in horror as the light left his Queen's eyes. He hugged her tightly, trembling. "I will... I promise you!!"

"Well, isn't he a handsome boy?"

Rhub flinched at a voice he didn't recognize and stood to turn to it. He glared with alarm a stranger was holding his son. "You! Unhand him NOW!"

A short, hooded figure held the slumbering Prince. "Tsk, quiet now. He's sleeping."

The King dared one more step. "What do you want?"

"I sense great potential in this young Prince," the man replied. "I could unlock it with a simple spell. And then, he will be the great Prince you have always desired, My King."

Rhub was taken aback. "Spells? Who are you? Some sort of witch?"

The man sighed. "The proper term is warlock, but never mind that. I wish to help the boy."

"Why?" Rhub stressed. "I do not know you!!"

"Oh, but I know you," the man smiled. "You have now lost you wife, and now, all you have left is this child. Don't you want to give him the best life? After all, you did kill his mother."

The King trembled in pain. "Can you not bring her back...?"

The man gently shook his head. "I cannot bring back what has been lost."

Rhub thought. "A-And you can make him into the Prince of my dreams?"

"Exactly as you desire, My King."

He stared at his son, all that was left to care about in the world. "Then, please, do as you must so Cilla can be in peace..."

The man smiled. "As you wish. Now, be still child. This might sting a bit," he set the Prince back in the crib. Then, he hovered a hand over his stomach, and the baby cried. After a few moments, the crying stopped.

Rhub hesitantly stepped closer. He noticed an intricate M was marked on his son's stomach. "Did it... work?"

"Perfectly," the man assured. "He will be known as King Cumber, the Mightest Saiyan Who Ever Lived."

This gave Rhub hope. His wife's loss would not be in vain. He smiled weakly and caressed his son's head. "Did you hear that, son? You will be King Cumber."