"I accept your apology."💛

WEDNESDAY POV:

Me and Enid got back to Nevermore after we were done investigating the Gates Mansion. Enid hurried into our dorm room and I decided i'd go have a word with Mrs. Weems to get us out of being expelled.

"Where were you Ms. Addams?" she said in a irritated way.

"Me and Enid were investigating on the case, we found out many things."

"I said you couldn't leave Nevermore because we're on lockdown!"

"I found out many things that are important to finding out who it is, you can't expel us."

I showed her all of the proof we had. Mrs. Weems looked at me with furrowed brows and  a angry but questionable face."Don't expel us." I knew she was going to make me use that stupid P word so I got it over with. "Please."

Mrs. Weems looked at me with a furious face. "Fine!"

I was relieved and surprised, I thought she was going to expel us for good.

She walked off and so did I.

I made it to Enid and I's room. I walked in and saw her packing her bags like she was ready to leave Nevermore.

"Enid, where are you going?"

"Going to Yoko's room Thornhill said I could stay there a few nights." she said with her back turned from me, still packing.

"We're not getting expelled, I talked to principal Weems and she let us all off, you can stop packing up your things."

Enid took a deep breath. "Am I supposed to thank you?" she said while turning to face me.

She's confusing. "Enid I already apologized. It's over."

"Over?" "Tonight was the icing on the birthday cake that you couldn't even be bothered to cut!" What does she mean? "You'll use anyone to get what you want, even if it means putting them in danger." I'm just now realizing how right she is. "We could have died tonight because of your stupid obsession!"

"But we didn't." I said trying to defend myself
"And now i'm one step closer to solving this case." "That is what is important."

Enid sighed and she looked so done with me. "I've tried really, really, really hard to be your friend." I started tearing up a bit. "Always put myself out there, thought of your feelings, told people, "I know she gives off serial killer vibes but she's really just shy"" She cares about me?

"I never asked you to do that."

"You didn't have to because that's what friends do!" "They don't have to be asked." "And the fact that you don't know that says everything." She's right.

She grabbed all her things and walked towards me. "You wanna be alone Wednesday? Be alone!" She said as she walked out the door and slammed it.

I truly don't want to be alone. I lost her. My only real friend. I walked towards the big glass window. I slid down it and hugged my knees. I want to cry so bad but it would be weak of me. I would come off as soft. I walked to my side of the room and sat on my bed just staring at the floor. I felt my tears wanting to come out but I was forcing them to not come out. I usually love being alone. So why can't I enjoy this? I was overwhelmed from all my thoughts. All I need right now is Enid. My tears finally came out. They were all streaming down my face. This is the first time in 10 years that i've cried. And I can't believe its over a human being. Enid was just different from others. I want her by my side eternally. I'm such an idiot, why would I put her in danger like that. Right now I just want to punch myself as hard as I can. I mean...there's nothing stopping me. I punched myself as hard as I can. My nose started bleeding. It stung a bit but I deserve the most painful torture. Maybe even death. Too far? Probably. I went to my type writer and wrote all my thoughts. It took me about 5 minutes to make a 5 page essay on how I fucked everything up and basically the whole situation. Should I apologize to her? Yes. But how?

I came up with an idea. I wrote Enid those corny apology letters and forced Thing to slide it under Yoko's dorm door. I fell asleep shortly after.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I woke up and checked the time. It was 8 am. I had a terrible headache. I brushed my teeth took a shower and re-braided my hair. I then sat in my bed staring at the floor once again. What if she ripped up my apology letter and threw it in the trash? I took a deep breath hoping for the best. Maybe she read it and giggled while kicking her feet and twirling her hair.

I heard a noise behind the door. The door knob jiggled. Please be Enid. Thank god, it was Enid. It seemed like she was trying to walk in slowly and quietly. She turned around probably hoping for me to be asleep. We made eye contact.

"Oh hi Wednesday. I thought you were sleeping." She said somewhat nervous.

"Of course i'm not asleep. You should know my sleeping schedule considering we have lived together for a few months."

Enid walked closer to me and sat next to me on bed. "I got your apology letter." She said quietly. I kind of didn't want her to read it because I was all soft and weak in it.

"I accept your apology." I sighed in relief. "I was really upset yesterday. I didn't mean most of the things I said."

"No Enid. Every one of the things you said were true and i'm sorry." I was so soft when it came to Enid. She put her hand on my thigh in a reassuring way. 

"It's okay Wednesday. I get that you want to solve this case. I should be the one that's sorry." I actually hated talking like this so you know I had to say something typical Wednesday would say.

"Okay enough, this whole talk is torture i'd seriously rather wear a shock collar that goes off every time I breathe." Enid smiled at me. "There she is."
********************************************
Long.

Word count: 1,066 words