Chapter 8 - Sophia

~ Samantha's pov~

We all sat around the campfire in comfortable silence as carol and T-dog cooked the food for us. Carl and I sat on a log beside Lori and Rick who looked uncomfortable.

"Uh, guys" Glenn speaks up. All attention is turned to him. " so... the barn is full of walkers. People's looks of confusion turn to shock and horror as they stop what they are doing and we all head down to the barn.

Once we get the Shane looks through the small gap in between the doors, I can hear the groans and bangs coming from inside. Shane turns and storms back over to Rick.

"You cannot tell me you are alright with this" he spits.

"No, I'm not but we're guests here. This isn't our land" he says in a more calm manner than Shane. the conversation on what to do continues but I'm not interested in being a part of it.

"We got to make things right or we just got to go now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time" Shane suggests.

"We can't go!" Sounding a little more agitated now rick waves his arm in a downward motion signalling for Shane to lower his voice. He's hiding something I can tell by the look on his and Loris's face they both are.

"Because my daughter is still out there" Carol speaks up. That might be part of the reason but it's definitely not the only one.

"Okay" Shane scoffs "okay" "okay I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility" everyone looks up at him shocked at the idea of it. My face turns into a look of disgust, how can he just give up on her like that after everything we've done?

Joe speaks up after Shane "he's right and you know he's right, it's not the outcome you want but it's the most likely one" he glares at me and I stare back not breaking eye contact with him.

"We're not leaving Sophia behind" Rick shakes his head.

"We're close to finding this girl l, I just found her damn doll two days ago" Daryl paces back and forth in front of Carol.

Shane chuckles sarcastically " you found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did" you found a doll"

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about" Daryl yells swinging his arms in front of him. Joe steps in front of Shane to show that he agrees with him.

"Now, you get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane continues despite the yelling going on around him and being directed at him. " if she was alive and out there and saw you coming, all method out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction, man" Daryl threw himself at Joe trying to get to Shane but Rick pulled them apart quickly before anything could happen.

There was a lot of shouting and it was hard to figure out what was being said.
Rick speaks up trying to resolve the issue.
"Just let me speak to Hershel" " let me figure it-"

Shane stops him before he can finish " what are you gonna figure out?" He turns back to face Rick.

"Enough!" Lori shouts clearly frustrated over the two of them. The argument is broken up when the doors of the barn begin to shake and fingers can be seen poking through the gaps. Lori grabs hold of mine and carls arms and pulls us back up the camp.

~~~~~~~~

Shane was still down at the barn, I knew he wasn't going to listen to Rick and he definitely wasn't going to wait for Hershel's permission he was planning something, something that isn't going to end well.

Lori was making me and Carl do schoolwork, I found it pointless cause we aren't going to need it anyways the way things are going it's pointless but I didn't want to argue with her. I like Lori she's been like a mother to me and I could never disrespect her after all that she's done.