Chapter 9: We Need To Talk

(a/n as usual i wasnt sober when i wrote this so hopefully it turned out ok???)

Taylor groaned, collapsing onto the sofa. "You okay Taylor?" Ash asked. "Yeah it's just, long story short me and Ranboo were friends years ago, then I moved away and we stopped talking and now we're just not talking about it," Taylor rambled before burying his face in a pillow. "Oh shit. Have you tried talking about it?" the Lovejoy bassist spoke, concerned for the younger.

"We did try but Tom interrupted and we never got back to it. I love Tom but Jesus Christ he's good at ruining things," Taylor sighed. "I get what you mean, you gotta try talk to Noah again though. Have you tried meeting up just the two of you to talk?" Ash questioned. "I should probably text him, I'll see if they can meet me later to talk," Taylor said, pulling out his phone.

Noah (:

hey ran

hi tay
whats up?

we need to talk
in person, i cant fuckin do this over text

okay, you wanna meet up at the pier in an hour?

sounds good
see ya then [:

see ya :]

An hour later Taylor was sat at the end of the pier, drinking a can of monster and looking out across the ocean. It was strangely calm, considering what was about to happen. He took another sip of monster and watched the sun dip closer to the waves.

"Tay?" a familiar voice called from behind. Taylor sighed and stood up, turning to face Ranboo. "Hi," he said quietly. "Hi. Is everything okay?" Noah asked, concern in their voice. "It's just, I want to talk about us. How we used to be back when I lived in the states," Taylor explained. "I've wanted to talk about that too," the blonde admitted.

"I missed you so much, hell I was in love with you but I was too fuckin' scared to admit it," Taylor let a tear roll down his cheek. "I missed you too, I loved you but then you friendzoned me and moved away and I had no idea what to fucking do," Ranboo spoke, taking Taylor's hand into his own. "I never meant to friendzone you it's just, I was traumatised, I was scared. I'd only ever been with guys who treated me like shit and I was so scared of that happening again that I couldn't even give you a chance," Taylor let another tear fall.

"That's not your fault Tay, you weren't ready. I know it's selfish but I wish you had been. I wish things were different," Noah rubbed his thumb in circles over the back of Taylor's hand. "It didn't help that," Taylor started. "That my father died. He was the only reason we ever moved to the states so without him there, me and my dad went back to the UK," he sobbed.

"I'm so sorry Tay. I wish I could've been there for you," Ranboo spoke quietly, pulling Taylor into their arms. "At least you're here now," the blue haired boy smiled through his tears. The pair stood silently for a few minutes, the only sounds being the waves lapping at the base of the pier and Taylor's quite sobs, muffled by Noah's sweater.

"Noah?" Taylor started.

"Yeah?"

"I still love you."