1.

The first change was in the water. Waves started to form, and it immediately alerted the other Na'vi, especially a particular young Na'vi that was off to herself. Then the wind started to appear, and she immediately searched around. Upon seeing multiple ikrans landing, her interest peaked. Jumping off the back of those Ikran was a family, two boys, an older girl along with a younger girl, and what looked to be the parents.

As she waded through the water, coming to the surface, the young Na'vi had noticed she got the attention of one of the boys, who looked to be older. Pushing her hair out of her face, she quickly joined the crowd surrounding the strangers. Hiding her face from the strangers, she peaked a look at them. The parents seemed to be stressed and talking to Tonowari, the Olo'eyktan of the tribe, though the girl had never really understood how he got that position. Nevertheless, they were asking for shelter. The girl immediately saw through the excuse of being "sick of war" and saw they just desperately needed a place to stay.

As she was weaving through the crowd, there was one pair of eyes that kept meeting hers. It was the same boy from before, the older one. She made a mental note to meet him later, though maybe once the attention had dialed down.

Coming to her bed, she quickly grabbed one of her practice spears and made her way down to the water. Keeping herself occupied and trying to spear a fish, the family stayed on her mind, as did the older boy. As she was thinking of him more, a familiar voice came from behind.

"Rolayea, come meet our new islanders." Her cousin, Tsireya had called.

Looking behind her, she saw the two boys of the family, along with the older and younger girls. She dropped her spear on the sand and walked over. Keeping a stiff stance, she introduced herself.

"Hello newcomers, I am Rolayea." She said eloquentely. This made her cousins snicker, and mock her.

"Hello newcomers" Said Au'nong, in a pretentious accent. Rolayea finally cracked a smile and shoved him to the side.

"Shut up."

"Okay, your highness.."

Rolling her eyes, she made her way to the daughters. Seeing the smaller one made her smile, before squatting down to her level.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Tuk, well actually my full name is Tuktirey, but nobody calls me that. Actually, my mom does but only when I'm in trouble-which is never of cours-" She gets cut off from the younger brother.

"Yeah, yeah we get it Tuk. I'm Lo'ak, This is my brother Neteyam, and my sister Kiri."

Nodding an introduction to Kirri, she made her way to Neteyam.

"Older right?"

"How'd you know?"

"The gray hairs."

Snickers abrupted through the siblings, but Neteyam simply just cracked a smile. Rolayea kept eye contact with him, until he abruptly looked away. With a smirk on her face, Rolayea's eyes drifted down to their hands, and saw the five fingers from Lo'ak. He noticed her stare and covered them, obviously self conscious. Rolayea shook her head though, and showed him her hands. The five fingers were shown loud and proud.

"It'll help underwater, don't be self-conscious." She looked over to her cousins.

"In fact, it may make us better than the 'purebreds'." She cocked her head and smirked, eyeing her cousins. Tsireya rolled her eyes before Aunong could say anything.

"Not this argument again please!" Having obviously had this argument multiple times, she tried to change the subject.

"Anyways... I think your guys' cot is finished. Laya and I will show you to it." Rolayea rolled her eyes at the nickname, but simply nodded and followed her cousin. Weaving and interlacing between different bridges and cots, they eventually got to the Sullys' new home.

Leading them there was the easy part, but leaving them there seemed to be difficult. After giving them their supplies, the cousins started to leave. Just as they were about to head off, the Sully kids waved for their attention.

"Wait!" Kiri called.

"Show us how to ride those animals!" Tuk cheerily demanded, clapping her hands together.

"And show us the reef." Lo'ak added.

"Yeah, 'Laya'." Neteyam smirked.

"I want to see the ocean" Kiri dreamily sighed.

Knowing the desperation and curiosity that comes along with the ocean, Laya sighed and nodded.

"Come along now, stay behind me and don't wander."

"Okay, Mom." Lo'ak sarcastically remarked.

The farther they went, the more curious the Sully kids got. Asking constant questions about the Metkayina way of life, Kiri and Tuk were at the front of the pack, along with Laya.

"What do you eat?"

"Where do you sleep?"

"Why does everybody have tattoos?"

Laya looked at the girls and replied.

"Fish, animals, fruit, whatever we can. We sleep in the Marui pods we showed you before. Tattoos are given when you become a true warrior. Or if you accomplish something great."

"What if you never accomplish anything great?" The young Na'vi asked.

"Then you never get tattoos." The older Na'vi replied. Though it's sad, there are a few Metkayina that never get tattooed. Whether it's because they find the ritual not to be within the gifts of Eywa, or just simply don't accomplish anything great, Tattoos can be found lacking on a few sea Na'vi. The acquisition of a tattoo is a great pride to many, and Laya had wanted a few herself. Specifically on her back, which she always thought looked badass.

As they got closer to a particular beach, a smile grew larger and larger on Laya's face. This particular beach meant a lot to her, and was her personal favourite. Leading them here was no accident.

"We're here." She smiled out to the ocean. Her cousin followed in tow.

"First we should teach them to breathe, or else they won't be able to swim properly." Tsireya added.

"Pshh, who doesn't know how to breathe? We got this" Lo'ak added cockly, looking to the sides of his siblings. Laya chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Alright jungle boys, let's see you swim."