23.

AUTHORS NOTE: BTW they didn't officially mate yet, just fyi cuz I've seen a few comments asking about it. (And apparently I have to clear everything up for you guys 😭😭 it's okay I don't mind I'm just teasing)

Waves were pounding against the sand, and there was a light breeze. None of this occured to the two naked teenagers that were cuddling on the sand. Well, not until one of them started to stir awake. 

Neteyam opened and rubbed his eyes. It was so bright that he held up his hand to block the light, and then he looked down and saw the naked body of Laya. 

"Shit-" He cursed, looking around them. Fortunately, there was nobody, and they were at a secluded part of the beach, Laya's favorite beach. After the event last night, he liked this beach too. 

Shaking her awake, he called her name.

"Laya- get up- Laya" He shook her gently. She stirred awake and looked up at him.

"Neteyam-" She saw where they were. "Shit!" She said, scrambling to get up. Not bothering to cover herself up, she checked their surroundings.

"Do you think anybody saw us?" She asked Neteyam. He shrugged, standing up also. She looked down at him, before quickly flicking her eyes up. A blush started on her face.

"Umm-" She said, scratching her head. Neteyam nodded. "Clothes. Let's get those on." She nodded, and scrambled to put on her seaweed top and loincloth. He followed suit. 

Once they were fully clothed, they got a sense of what time it was, looking up at the sky. 

"Fuck- shit-" Laya swore. Neteyam looked at her. "What's wrong?" He asked. She sighed. "We missed breakfast. Everybody will be wondering where we are." Neteyam groaned and thought hard. "They never saw us go back home last night either." Laya started to panic. "I'm gonna be in so much trouble-" She looked at him. "You're gonna be in so much trouble!" She threw her hands up in the air. He grabbed her hands and looked at her.

"It's going to be okay. We'll figure it out and explain that we lost track of time." He paused. "It was worth it, right?" Laya had a small smile on her face. "Yeah" She said, looking up at him. "It was definitely worth it." She put her hand on his chest and moved forward. He smiled and brushed her hair out of her face. "I'd like to do it again." She said. He smirked, but realized the situation. "Me too-" He fought with his thoughts. "But not right now. We have to go make sure nobody is looking for us." She nodded in understanding. 

They started walking and then suddenly Neteyam eyed  Laya. 

"Do you have a leaf jacket?" He asked her. "Yeah, in my room somewhere. Why?" She looked at him, confused. "Uh... you have a few marks-" She looked down at her body and saw the abundance of hickies that laid down her body like a trail, all leading down to her belly button. She looked at him. "Neteyam! What'd you do?" He tried to not laugh. Holding his hand up to his mouth, he hid his smile. "You planned this! You knew this would happen!" She accused him. 

Then he started to laugh. "I-I promise" He said through his laughter. "I didn't!" She rolled her eyes, obviously not believing him. "Dick. Now I have to go get my jacket and put a shit ton of cream on them!" She lightly punched him. Him, still laughing, took a moment to breath before laughing again. "If it makes you feel better, my dick has a hickey on it" He replied, trying to make her feel better while also making himself laugh even more. She scoffed. "Liar." 

They walked to the village together, Neteyam still laughing under his breath. She shoved him a few times, and he got the hint. 

Trying to be as quiet as possible, they slowly and quietly walked to Laya's room. She successfully snuck in and quickly applied the appropriate creams. Waiting a second for them to soak in, she looked at Neteyam and shook her head. He shrugged. Once they finished soaking in she grabbed her jacket and tried to conceal herself as much as possible. Then she looked through her supplies and quickly added a few extra leaves to her top, concealing her even more. 

"I liked the first version of the top" Neteyam said, eyeing her from the doorway. Laya rolled her eyes and looked at him. "The first version of the top was thrown off the second you kissed my collarbone. I don't think you even noticed the top." He scoffed. "I noticed the top! You have that one and then the seashell one, oh and you also have the vine one. My personal favorite is the seashell one. It makes you look like a princess." He leaned against the wood that created her doorframe. She gently smiled, but tried to hide it from him. "You know my tops?" She asked him. He smiled. "Of course I know your tops." She bit back her smile and tried to return to the matter at hand. Turning around, she showed him the fading bruises. "How do they look?" She asked him, hope in her voice.

"They look like hickeys." He pointed out. Her face fell. "Not helpful." She said with a hint of sarcasm. "They faded a little, I'll admit that." Neteyam said, trying to recover. She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I'll just wear this jacket and hope for the best." Neteyam nodded.

Laya left the room and Neteyam trailed after her. She turned to him.

"We can't be seen together." She said plainly. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?" He asked. "Cuz then people will know we spend the night together. Just-" She looked around. "Just act like you went on a swim and I'll act like I just woke up." He nodded, but turned back. "We need a story for last night. People know we went to the beach last night." Laya nodded, realizing it the same time he did. "Okay. We went on a walk, then split up. I went on a swim and you went on a- I don't know, think of something. I'll just go along with whatever you say." Neteyam nodded and headed towards the ocean. She braced herself, and went towards the eating area.

Walking to the table, she saw people finishing up their breakfast. 

"Good morning" She yawned and tightened her jacket. People looked up and saw her, before returning back to their food.

"You woke up late" Kiri said, not necessarily suspecting anything. Laya nodded. "I went on a swim late last night. Guess it caught up to me this morning." Kiri nodded, and Laya slid into the seat next to her. Grabbing herself the last piece of food, she started chewing. 

"Hey Laya" Laya turned her attention to Lo'ak. "Yes?" She asked him. "Where'd you and Neteyam go off to last night? He never came home." Lo'ak asked her, voice low so the others couldn't hear. He also raised his eyebrows at her.

"We just went for a walk on the beach, then I went for a swim. I don't know where he went afterwards." She explained, trying to sound like she was telling the truth. For once, Lo'ak believed her. 

Kiri looked to Laya. "Why are you holding your jacket so tight?" She asked her. Laya shrugged. "I'm cold. I may be sick or something, I should ask my aunt about it." Laya responded. Kiri nodded. "You don't look particularly sick or anything" She reached her hand up and felt Laya's forehead. "You don't have a fever" Kiri looked thoughtfully at Laya. Laya just shrugged again. "I don't know, I just feel cold. I might go back to bed after this." Kiri nodded, returning back to her food. 

Suddenly Neteyam stumbled to the group. "Hey guys" He said to the group. All the Sully kids looked at him, confused. "Where were you last night bro" Lo'ak called out to him. Neteyam looked to him. "Dude. I found the best tree to climb last night. No joke. I got some serious height when I climbed it and accidentally fell asleep. I'll show you later." Lo'ak eyed him, but decided to believe him. 

Neteyam took a seat next to Lo'ak, a thought running across his mind. "Are Mom and Dad mad?" He asked him. Lo'ak shrugged. "I think Dad assumed you were with Laya." Lo'ak looked at Laya, who was talking to Kiri. Neteyam froze, but tried to play it off. "Nah, we went on a walk but then split off." He said smoothly. Lo'ak nodded. "So I've heard." 

Neteyam nodded, stealing some of his brother's food. "Dude!" Lo'ak complained. Neteyam shrugged. "Should've eaten it." Lo'ak grumbled. "Whatever" 

Everybody finished breakfast and started a discussion on what to do that day. While they were talking Laya and Neteyam looked at each other, being happy that they successfully convinced everybody that they weren't together. 

Well, they successfully convinced everybody except one person. 

AUTHORS NOTE: Fun news! I've decided to save up for a laptop! It'll really help my writing and releasing speed, but it'll take me a while to save up. I currently write on my school computer (embarrassing ik - they can see everything I do yikes) or my phone so writing chapters is a little hard. I'm excited! If any of you want to help out my cashapp is $DisguisedDragon but absolutely no pressure!