33.

Neytiri looked at her son, who she thought had just died, and suddenly grabbed the sides of his face.

"Neteyam?" She muttered, her eyes widening. Neteyam looked up at his mother drowsily, and let out a groan. "Neteyam!" She cried out happily, wrapping her arms around him. Tears started to run down her face, and her cries drew the attention of the crowd. 

"Is he-" Lo'ak started and walked closer. Upon seeing his brother awake, he rushed and joined the hug. "Thank Eywa" He said, his voice cracking. Their father joined them, wiping a tear away. 

Spider looked from the side. He knew it wasn't his time to join the hug, but he was really glad Neteyam was alive. Neteyam was basically his older brother too, and it was gut wrenching to see him die and to see his girlfriend try anything to heal him. 

Still slumped on the floor, Laya still didn't move. Her heartbeat was faint and weak, but she was still alive. Barely. 

While everybody went to Neteyam, Tsireya sat next to her cousin and held her hand. Tears were starting to form in Tsireya's eyes. She had felt her cousin's pulse and felt the weak response. She didn't know if she would make it. 

People now letting go of Neteyam, Neteyam's mind focused. The pain in his chest was still present and aching, but at least he was alive. His mother still held him in a hug, but she let go. She could see he was looking around, as if trying to find someone. 

"Neteyam" Neytiri cooed gently. He looked at her, confusion in his eyes. She looked down and moved to the side so he could see Laya laid on the floor with her eyes closed, and Tsireya holding her hand. Neteyam immediately sat up and went to go sit next to her, but he immediately felt the immense pain in his chest. Still, he moved closer to her.

"Is she-" Neteyam couldn't finish the sentence. The last thing he remembered was Laya's voice telling him that he would be alright, that she would make it all go away. He didn't know what happened after, but he was alive and she was laying on the floor. 

Neytiri moved away and walked to where Laya and Tsireya was. Tsireya looked up at Neytiri, who had a question on her face. Tsireya looked down and shook her head. Neytiri clenched her jaw and picked Laya up. Laya was limp in her arms and Neytiri gently laid her down to Neteyam. 

Neteyam let out a gasp. She looked already dead. Her eyes were closed and she didn't seem to be breathing. He felt for her pulse, and found a weak heartbeat. He didn't know whether to feel relieved or even sadder than before. On one hand, she was alive. Though barely alive, she was alive. On the other hand, he could tell she went through many measures to keep him alive. He saw the exhaustion in her face, the desperation. He brought his lips close to her cheek and kissed it. Tears were starting to form in his eyes. 

Suddenly, he felt her slightly stirring. She turned her face ever so gently towards him. He exhaled. He kissed her cheek again, this time less gentle. She stirred again, and he held her in his arms. 

Feeling his arms wrapped around her, Laya started to gain consciousness. She slowly opened her eyes and found Neteyam looking at her. A smile formed on his face, but he didn't say anything. She swallowed and looked around. She saw everybody staring at them, but decided to ignore them. She was starting to regain some of her strength, and she backed away from Neteyam. Then she looked down to his wound. 

"Are you-" She looked back up to him. "Are you okay?" She asked him. Neteyam, who had a huge smile on his face, nodded. He then grabbed her hands and interlaced them. A small smile formed on Laya's face. "I'm so happy you're alive." Laya muttered, not wanting the others to hear their conversation. Neteyam looked at his family, and shook his head. 

Getting the hint, the family started to focus on something else. In fact, Jake noticed his missing daughters. Quizzing the kids about their whereabouts, they were no longer listening to Laya and Neteyam's conversation. 

Neteyam brought his hand to Laya's cheek. "I'm so glad you're-" He started but couldn't finish. She nodded and brought her lips to his. He smiled into the kiss. It was gentle but passionate. They had gone through so much in the past couple hours that they just needed reassurance that the other was okay. 

Suddenly Neteyam backed up from the kiss. "I want to be your mate." He stated. A smile creeped onto Laya's face and she nodded. Resting her forehead on his, she whispered. "Me too Neteyam. Me too." 

On the other side of the rock, Jake had just found out where his daughters were and knew he was going to have to go back for them. Spider offered to come with him to show him where they were restrained, and Jake nodded. 

"Dad-" Lo'ak spoke up. Jake turned around. "I want to come with you" Lo'ak said, desperation in his voice. Jake looked to the couple, who were still barely alive, comforting each other. 

"You've done enough. Get them back to the village." Jake said roughly. This hurt Lo'ak deeply. He knew that Jake blamed him for Neteyam's near death, but he just wanted to help him. He just wanted to show his father that he could succeed, but nothing was working. Jake turned away from Neteyam and helped Spider onto his mount. Jake didn't look back and set off to go find his daughters. Neytiri looked at her son and but followed Jake on her ikran. 

Lo'ak shook his head and let out a groan. He turned to Tsireya. "Could you take them back to the village? I'm going to help my dad." Tsireya frowned, but nodded. Then she leaned in and kissed him. "Be safe." She said gently. He nodded and mounted his Ilu. 

Then it was just Tsireya and the couple on the rock. She called her Ilu and walked over to them. She saw Neteyam had his arm wrapped around her and Laya leaning into his shoulder. It seems that they had seen her and Lo'ak interaction. Neteyam raised his eyebrow and smirked at her. Laya had a similar expression on her face. Tsireya blushed and waved them off.

"You guys are annoying." Tsireya said simply. Laya shrugged. "We didn't say anything-" She turned to Neteyam. "Right?-" Neteyam nodded. "We didn't say a word." He finished. Tsireya rolled her eyes and got on the Ilu. "Come on, we have to get you two to healers." Laya slowly stood up and helped Neteyam stand up. He did still have a gunshot wound, but it had stopped bleeding so much and started to clot. She helped him to the Ilu and held onto him from behind. Because there were so many people on the Ilu, it was slower than usual, but they all knew that Tsireya was the only one capable of leading an Ilu right now. 

They swam to the village, oblivious to what was going on the ship right now. 

Jake had just blown up part of the ship, and the fight between him and Quaritch was happening soon. 

Arriving to the village, Tsireya helped Neteyam and Laya off the Ilu. Laya was limping, due to her badly hurt leg, and Tsireya helped her walk. Neteyam held his chest and with each step he felt pain abrupt into his body. Tsireya called out for a healer, and an older Na'vi stepped out of her pod. Laya and Tsireya recognized this woman to be one of the warrior healers, and Tsireya quickly walked them towards her. 

"Both hurt. Both almost dying. What can you do?" Tsireya said in one breath. The women nodded and led them to her pod. 

"Hopefully save them." The lady said with humor in her voice. Laya cracked a smile, but saw Tsireya's face. The women laid the two down and started inspecting their wounds. Tsireya waited there, but the woman waved her away. 

After inspecting their wounds, she gave both of the teenagers a sleeping herb and they fell asleep. 

It had been an eventful day. 

AUTHORS NOTE: Question. Do you guys want me to write the battle between Jake and Quaritch, cuz if I'm being entirely honest, I don't really enjoy writing action. I might just write Neteyam and Laya's perspective. Let me know!