ʀᴏᴀᴅᴛʀɪᴘ

"But father!" "No buts! My dear child, you cannot come along with me. You must stay here and take care of the museum. What if something bad happens? What if one of these become reborn and break out?" "Well..I..." "Please, stay here. For your safety and for the sake of the museum. I don't know what I'm going to be up against and I don't want to lose you."

Father was never fond of me going with him when it came to getting call about some kind of monsters for the museum. "You won't lose me! Just please let me come with! I don't wanna stay here and just have nothing to do!" He gave a sigh. "Fine, but you have to stick with me. I don't want you wandering off." I grinned and gave a little cheer, "Get some stuff for the trip, alright?"

I ran up to my room and began to get ready. It was quite bothersome that he had all the fun hunting these monsters but wanted to keep me safe from not going. I understand he wants to protect because of... "Y/N! Hurry! He's waiting for us."

"Going dad!" I darted towards my father. We reached up to the docks, an old man was coming toward us with a wooden row-boat. "Why nice to see you both! By gods Y/N, you've grown so much!" The man said. I then recognized him.

"Mr. Eugene?" I asked, "Yep! Hehe! Now hop on in! We've got no time to lose." We got into the row-boat and he began to take us to an island. "We call 'im Charles, half humanoid, half giga-spider from hell!" Eugene explained.

"Charles huh? Must be quite the attraction." I began to think, not hearing the rest from Mr. Eugene. "But also a giant spider from hell?" I began to come up with images of the monster.

"Welcome to Aranearum!" Exlcaimed the ageing man, we got off the boat. "We've gotta make haste. Charles ain't the only thing around here and standing out in the open won't protect us." we walked through an entrance. Dad and Eugene spoke aboht such as we ran to a shack. He told dad to go look for the key as he searched around the shed.

I began to take a look at my surrounding. Let me tell you, not exploring was one of the hardest things to do. I was extremely curious to walk around the island of Aranerum. Dad came back as Eugene did too. "Ah you found it!" We then stepped into the shack, a yellow train was inside it.

"Isn't she a beauty?" Eugene said. We both nodded in agreement. "Now got take a lookie! I'm sure you'll find quite the surprise." Dad got onto the train, Eugene following him.

I took a look around it from the outside. The back of the train had a gun. Dad walked to it and chuckled, "Wow, never expected to have this!" Eugene came up behind him and grinned, "Well that's a shocker. Why don't we go out for a ride and test her out?"

Dad smiled, I hopped onto the train. "Y/N, go ahead and pull that lever with the green!" Eugene stated. I looked at the levers and pulled the one in the middle. The train started up and we crash onto the wall.

Eugene and dad cheered. "We're comin' for you Charles!" A distant whistle was heard. The noise of spiders crawling was from a distance. "There he is!" I looked behind and saw dad and Eugene in the back, a large pale humanoid spider was chasing after us.

Dad began to use the gun and shot at it. The creature kept chasing after us and attacked. Eugene was getting hit and so was dad. It attacked more and suddenly.

"AUGH!"

The creature fell back as Eugene was thrown off the train. "EUGENE!" Yelled dad, "STOP THE TRAIN!" he glanced back at me. I quickly pulled the red lever, the green one automatically shooting up.

A noise of flesh being squelched was heard and then another following it, the creature scattering away. We got off the train and ran to Eugene. We gasped at the view. His shirt beging to be dyed red from his own blood. "Eugene!"

He coughed, "This isn't how things were supposed to end," he began. "I thought we could still fight like the old days. Yessir, easy in.." He coughs again, "Easy out.."

"..There's much more that I thought you needed to do." He paused to take a deep breath, "Although, I didn't have a lot of time. I don't seem to anymore.." He wheezed, "Find the eggs...Find my son please.." he slowly began to stop breathing. His eyes becoming dull and bland.

"Eugene! EUGENE!" Dad began, he grabbed the corpse's shoulder and gave a shake. "EUGENE PLEASE!" I stared and watched in silence. My heart was beating. Both from fear and sorrow.

"Dad..." I looked at him. "We're gonna have to do this. For Eugene." Father looked at me and nodded. "Let's..drag him out of the rails. and leave him a flower." He said and began taking the corpse aside.

I helped him and place a small flower on the man's wound. Dad remained silent and after some minutes, we headed onto the train. He started it up and we didn't speak after what just happened.