ɢᴏɴᴇ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ

ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠɪꜱᴛ

After the battler with Charles I noticed he gone a different way. I went to Candice's to check on Y/N. Instead she came running to me. "Candice? Where is-" "They're gone! I- I'm so sorry sir! I didn't mean to lose your child I-"

"It's okay Candice. I doubt they're in peril. Either way an archivist can't not train their kid incase of danger." She kept apologizing and I reassured her as I then began to search for Y/N.

I don't want to lose them. Even after I lost...her. I saw Charles dash by and I instantly stopped the train. He didn't notice me luckily.

A scream was heard. I got nervous, I put the train up to full speed and went ahead. "Y/N!?" I yelled out. Then, everything went silent. Charles eyes..glowed from the darkness of a cave, holding a corpse of a cultist.

I instantly kept the train moving before he saw me. He luckily didnt and passed by me. It wasn't Y/N, letting me know they're safe somewhere.

I kept on the search for Y/N and the eggs.

ʏᴏᴜ

I heard a scream. Soon after Charles came back holding a corpse. "You sure you don't want a taste?" I shook my head. "I'm...all good." He shrugged and ate the cultist.

Looking beyond the distance I was just seeing more trees. "Your dad, the archivist. He saw me." "He might be on the search for me then."

I couldn't help but then get concerned again. "Take me to him." "What? No." "Charles please?"

He muttered something and he turned to me. "Fine, but if he tries to kill me, I will take you back." I blinked and just agreed.

"Good."

He lifted me up, and crawled out of the trees. We began looking for my dad and the train,

♥︎

It's been some hours and we still couldn't find him. "Well we can't find him and I'm getting hungry again. I'll leave back in the spot and go look for another meal."

"No! Take me with you! I am not going to stay in some place in the middle of Aranearum waiting for my dad to find mr or for you to come back!"

He stopped and he stared down at me. "Fine."

I cheered, we kept walking around and found a place with.. rock pillars? He crawled into the spot opening a door. Charles took a deep breath.

"I'm gonna need you to stay here. I'll come back, I promise." He whispered. I just pouted and nod. A scream was heard after he went away. I began to think of a lot.

"How the hell did I get along with Charles?.."
"I'm supposed to be scared of him! Not be like some uwu person!" My thoughts began as I didn't notice being lifted up by Charles again.

Searching for my dad, we still found nothing. How even big is this island!?  Shouldn't it be small!?

We came to a halt, relaxing in a place of trees again. "..You're one of the first humans I decided to not kill." Charles said, catching me off guard. "Wait really? I thought you would eventually keep me alive for last THEN eat me."

Charles burst out cackling, "You're quite funny for a cute little human." I was confused but shrugged it off. I yawned, feeling drowsy. He took noticed and he went silent for a minute.

He took off his coat and put it on me. It was surprisingly larger than me. "Keep it on and get some sleep. We can continue searching for your father tomorrow morning."

I was about to say something but the warmth of the coat made me fall into slumber.