ꜰʏɪ

We moved on ahead. Nothing spoken. Nothing to stop at. Dad looked at a map, he then stopped the train. We came to a halt at a lady, "Eugene told us that we'd have a newcomer soon!" The lady said and smiled. "I'm assuming it's you?" Dad nodded, "And who's that?" "My child. They're here to help me out." He answered.

"Well then, there's some scrap metal in the balcony of my room. You can use it on your train to upgrade it." She stated. "Yes that would be nice." "Here's the key. Oh and as a sidenote, go ahead and talk to anyone around here. They'll surely try to help." She passed my dad a key and we walked to her home.

"Dad, have you been here?.." I looked at him. He didn't answer, he just opened the door and walked up to the balcony. I sighed and walked to the lady, "Ma'am, what's your name?" "Oh! I'm Candice. Your's?" "Y/N."

"Well then. Say..I wonder why Eugene hasn't come with you both." She looked out into the distance. I felt a cold shock on my body. She doesn't know. The rest don't know either. It won't be easy to tell them.

"He.." "Got it!" Dad came back running, and thanked Candice. We got back on the train. "Dad, how do we tell them that Eugene died?..They know nothing!"

"..Well, they're gonna have to figure it out themselves.." "Even Paul?" "Even Paul." We moved on, dad did some errands for two more people in exchange for scraps. While on the third one a whistle was heard.

"Damn it, Y/N stay here, I have to be in the back dealing with Charles." I hesitated but agreed. I heard lots of gunshots in the back as dad then quickly stopped and used the blueprint, then returned to shoot at Charles.

I was curious how he look, I then though of taking a risk. "Dad! I have an idea!" "Now's not the time for them!" "JUST DUCK!" I pulled the reverse lever and it crashed into the large arachnid humanoid, rolling him infront of the train.

"Y/N!" "Hold on I've got this!" I pulled the forward lever and it let us charge at Charles. But he was aware of what was going on and he jumped as high as he could, avoiding us and the train.

A wicked cackle was heard behind us, "Nice try! Smart move but ya failed to get me!" A low but yet weird raspy and growl-like voice was heard. Dad and I looked over. "We're gonna get you Charles. A FOE FOR A FRIEND!" Dad yelled out and he aimed the gun at him.

The chase began again, Charles attacked and so did dad. At a sudden point Charles was damaged and instantly crawled back away into the fog and the trees. "Tch, finally..." Dad said, "Ugh, and we passed our destination. We've gotta get backwards." I groaned. "Can we maybe take a break?"

"No. Not with Charles out here doing who knows what." "What if we, well I dunno, put a circle of salt around us? He is a gigantic spider humanoid from hell." Dad faced me, "Eugene only said that as a tease... We don't even really know the full story."

"Ah, you've got a point there. Well he just wandered off so doubtful he'll come back in a long time." I just then stepped off the train and took a deep breath of air.  "See? Nothing bad." I looked up at him.

Dad stared and he pulled me back into the train. "I'm leaving you with Candice. I can't keep you around this train for long." "But daaaad!"

"No buts, I just want to protect you Y/N, I know these adventure may be fun but there's always the grim reaper on watch of us around these." I pouted and we stopped at Candice's home.

"Candice can you take care of them? I don't want to risk losing them to Charles." Dad said, Candice agreed and took me in.

She cheered me up by talking about her time here. "..Candice?" "Yes?" "..When Charles first came around did he like...talk?" "Well, not really. He's quite feral, so doubtful he can even sing the ABCs!"  I giggled.

A whistle was heard and many gunshots were followed. "I... Need to go to the restroom." I stood up and walked to the bathroom, sneaking out and creeping away.

Another whistle was heard and heavy footsteps were heard.