melissas pov

*authors note*
i feel like i have to prove myself with this book because in the abbot elementary fandom it feels like i barely make as good stuff as them 😭so i'm probably gonna continuously because working on this, but i will be updating gwen and amelia very soon, for those who enjoy those! * end of authors note*
hugging barbara felt like the best thing in the world in that moment. id never felt so safe. and i never hug people usually, except my kids.
i step away from our hug, realizing the time, and that we should probably get
back.
i appreciate barbara trying to help me , but she said it was my decision.
i ask barbara to leave me alone and not worry, but she won't.
besides, we need to get back to class.
as we're walking back, barbara looks at me. she sighs and puts her arm around me. "honey, please stop doing this to yourself. we all love you more then you know and i dont think the school would know what to do without you."
"yeah , i know , i practically run this place better then the mafia." i say sarcastically.
"but barbara , i'll be fine. i promise." i smile at her. "im taking care of me."
barbara let's go of a little tension. "okay, i trust you. but you text me whenever you feel this bad again."
"okay but i'm sure i wont." i lie.
i realized that , well, in order to avoid suspicion , i think i'm gonna need to start eating at least 800 calories from now on, and maybe only purge once a day if i have to.. i just don't wanna scare people as much as i scared barbara. even though barbara seems to not want me to do this, i feel so much more worthy like this , still. and wanted and attractive.
this is making me want to make sure that my kids are getting enough nutrition as well, at home and not just here. of course, i've always cared. but with this perspective .. :( i don't want any of my kids to not be able to focus in school or get as good grades because of their food intake, like how i'm struggling with just abt everything in life rn. maybe i'll get a guy to buy me a truckload of snacks , and honestly, i'm serious.