melissas pov

TW// drugs

-

-

-

ava steps back quickly , looking frazzled . "melissa why didn't you tell me??! you know i'm understanding about these types of things. "
i look down at my desk, feeling sunken in and guilty. "i'm sorry.. i don't know. i have to go."
i run down the hall, trying to get to barbara as quick as i can.
i open the door and barbara and gregory are at the garden , in a seemingly heated debate about the best and worst vegetables .
i look at my watch, it's been about 45 minutes. im about to say something, when suddenly , i feel woozy, and start to feel like i can't open my eyes or stand straight. i hobble over to the garden and say "um.. barb.. i need .. help .. " i feel nauseous , like death. "oh melissa.. you look horrid, but not look wise ofc , why do you look so ill?" i almost fall and knock my head on the ground , but gregory and barbara notice , running to catch me, and i black out suddenly in the sun, in their arms.
they call 911, and about 10 minutes later , i've woken up. i groan , trying to pick my head up, but feeling weighed down by a ton of rocks. i look around , i must've been carried inside onto a cot. "what? i can't believe this happened , im sorry guys."
barbara comes up to me with a look of both extreme disapproval and sympathy. "melissa, i know you've been struggling honey.. but i'm scared for you. do i need to start supervising you? because i will. is this because of what i caught you doing in the bathroom?"
suddenly, the emt comes into the room. "miss schemmenti, we need to get you checked up. give me your arm so i can take your blood pressure please."
"is this really necessary??!" i say.
"yes ma'am we have to figure out what's wrong."
i sigh, and lay my head back down , giving them my arm.
my blood pressure is having problems, and because to them, it looks random, they bring me to the hospital.
barbara comes with me.
barbara asks me "honey , are you sure you don't want to tell them?" looking pointedly.
"yeah, barb , im sure."
once we get to the hospital , they assess me and find out i have abnormally low iron, and electrolytes. they prescribe me a drs visit and tell me to take more care of myself .
when we get home, barbara tells me to rest and says she'll make me dinner , and i can't purge anymore on her watch.
instead of resting , i do high calorie burn dance workouts for 45 minutes while it cooks.
when the food is ready, i decide i'll chew and spit into a napkin whenever she isn't looking. i hate lying to barbara but i have to. this blackout was probably just a one time scare.
i think to myself .. there has to be an easier way to do this , right?? suddenly , a lightbulb comes on in my my head. i have a guy for everything, right? so i have to have one for drugs.
i text my friends and ask if they know of anyone, and they give me a number .
i hesitantly and shakily text them asking if they have ozempic and coke (not the drink) .
they do. i'll meet up with them tonight to get some.