melissas pov

barbara really wants to cuddle in bed ,but as much as i want to, i have to tell her that i can't rn because i have to go get "a gift" from an old friends house really quick , and that i would as soon as i got home. because barbara easily trusts me, she lets me go.
i drive over to my friends house , and take the drugs. it starts pouring raining as i get back into the car , really freaking ominous and over dramatic of the weather , if you ask me.
i sit and inject the ozempic , cringing. and then take the coke. both at once.it felt so good, like i was so in the moment all my stress from stressing everyone , and especially barbara, goes away. the adrenaline of knowing that this can help me lose, plus combined with the lax i'll take when i get home, im so happy , even euphoric.
i get home , tell barb i have to go to the bathroom quickly, get a few pieces of lax, drink some water, and come to bed , finally, to my safe haven and serenity after such a long day. she reaches her arm out to me, and i lay next to her , slowly cuddling into her , and she holds me, rubbing me and soothing me , with little kisses. i ask her "how was your day?" and she starts ranting about all the very chaotic events of the kindergarten world , and i lay and enjoy , i love her voice , and the theatrical way she tells stories, even when whispering softly into my ear. i start falling asleep , and she whispers "it's gonna be okay, i got you my love ." a hot, itchy tear runs out my eye. "i love you , barb." i say , and yawn, falling deeper into sleep. "i love you, honey" . barb says. im asleep, and barb is left awake , worrying about my future, classically trying to figure out how to fix this.