Chapter 37: Elementalist

-Zyphon POV-

I checked my compass, I was near. But near what? As I walked I found small clusters of crystals, almost as if it was growing around the forest like an infection... I put my paw to my chest, feeling uncomfortable knowing that a special crystal was also within me. The sole reason why I had my ability to create flames, I wouldn't even be here in the first place if it weren't for that reason.

"I'm here."

I said to myself as I arrived, the place looked like an abandoned village. Walls torn down, plants overgrowing everywhere, the place was ruined like the structure from earlier. But not only that there were... Blue crystals. I felt uneasy again, it feels like my body was heating up. I shook my head and focused on my task, looking around the ruins. I started searching each part of the village, mostly finding nothing but rubble.

"There's nothing good..."

I decided to check somewhere else after I look through one last house. This one was larger than the rest, it wasn't too ruined as the walls were still standing, only with a few holes in it. I head inside and was shocked by what was inside, several crystals were growing inside the house. In front of me was the largest one I saw, it was another blue crystal having a spear piercing through it, giving it cracks as to where the spear pierced it. I checked my surroundings making sure that there wasn't something I missed, it was all clear so I rubbed my paws and started pulling the spear off. After a few more pulls the spear comes off unexpectedly, causing me to fall on the ground along with it.

Zyphon: "Well, that was embarrassing... Glad no one saw-"

Before I could finish talking the large crystal breaks and falls, shattering and shards scattered everywhere, some managed to scratch my legs. It didn't hurt too much or created a wound but it stung nonetheless. I pick up the spear and got up, carefully backing away from the damage I've caused. My ears twitched as I heard another sound coming from outside

*Click click click*

I catch a glimpse of something moving through the holes in the wall, whatever it was it definitely heard the shattering. I look for somewhere to hide only to find nothing to hide behind or under... But what about over? A blue figure comes in the house, luckily I was already hidden above them, hanging onto the spear I pierced through the wall. One wrong move could cost me everything. Taking a better look at it, it's body was completely made of the blue crystals around here. Almost as if its... Wait.

"Are these alive?!"

I thought to myself, it turns around after it finished investigating the noise. I panicked, it almost saw me. It leaves the house, giving me time to take a breather. I sigh in relief, though this caused a few rubble to fall off the wall.

"Ohhh crap..."

It's arm breaks through the wall and grabs me by the neck, it yanks me outside and slams me to the ground. The pain was shocking, it's now standing in front of me, looking down and getting ready to strike me. I pick up the spear beside me and pierced through the thing. It seems to have stopped glowing, now collapsing apart into a pile of these crystals.

"Not bad for a rusty spear... Damn that hurt a lot."

I stood up as I'm holding my neck in pain, then picking up the spear from the thing it just pierced through. I checked my surroundings in case there were more of these things, luckily there weren't any nearby-

*Rumble*

Or maybe not. I stand my ground, holding the spear in my paws. Another one arises from the very ground itself, this one's way bigger than the last.