I: DEAD OR ALIVE

disclaimer: there won't be much chishiya content in this up until episode 5 (idk what chapter that's gonna be yet, depends how much i write). until they go to that hotel thingy where they meet usagi and stuff, hana stays arisu and his gang. i'd love for her to meet and stay with chishiya right from the beginning, but that would be a lot of independent writing with no parts of the show to go off and that's tough for me so😜😜 anyway sorry about the rlly long disclaimer, you can read now.

Hana walked into the game arena, where five people were already stood. Three men and one woman and a school girl. They all (aside from the school girl, of course) looked around her age, she supposed.

She stepped through the scanner. "Don't ask me if I know what's going on," she said, "I don't." She looked to the side, where a bunch of phone sat. 'One per person'. She picked up what she thought to be the best one, and it instantly lit up.

All of the phones chimed. "Registration is now closed," the announcer said, "The game will now commence?"

"Game?" Hana whispered to herself.

"Game, 'Dead or Alive'. Difficulty, Three of Clubs."

"Three of Clubs?" One of the men said.

"What does that mean?" Another asked.

"Rule," the announcer continued, "Select the correct door within the stipulated time frame. Clear condition. Leave the building within the time limit."

The elevator dinged as it's red doors opened. The woman was the first to step in. "You'll die if you just stand there," she said. She seemed to have done this before. The school girl went in next, followed by Hana, then, finally, the three boys.

The elevator opened up in a room with black and white checkerboard floors. "The time limit for this room is two minutes," the announcer said, and the time began to count down on their phones.

"Alive or dead," the woman read the words on the doors.

"Is this really a game?" The man in the blue shirt asked, "I think this is really exciting."

"I want to go home," the youngest girl said.

"It'll be fine. You're with us. We'll play the game, get our prize and go home. Okay?"

"Our prize?"

"Yeah, I'm sure we're gonna get one."

"I wish I was as sure as you," Hana said.

"What if we choose the wrong door?" The man in the green shirt asked the woman.

"The answer is 'Alive'," she said, "Open the door that says 'Alive'."

"How do you know?"

"Because... obviously, it's the 'Alive' door."

"Do you guys smell something?" Blue shirt asked.

Everyone looked down at the floor, to seem smoke coming out of the gaps.

"The answer is 'Alive'!" The woman persisted, "Hurry and open the door!"

"How about you open it?" Hana suggested.

"What'll happen if our times up?" Blue shirt asked.

"We won't get more time. Hurry!" The woman yelled, as everyone began to cough.

"Why do you think it's the fight one?" The boy in the green shirt asked.

"Cause we shouldn't choose the 'Dead' door, right?" his friend said.

"I can't take it, I can't breathe!" The school girl said, running towards the 'Alive' door. When she got through the door, a laser was shot through her head. Hana gasped, but ran through the other door before their time was up. She'd dwell on what she'd seen later.