VI: SPIES

ik there aren't many of u rn but pls stop being ghost readers😞😞 interact with me! it makes the book a lot more fun to write<33

"The Beach?" Usagi asked.

"Maybe the people who disappeared are there," Arisu suggested.

"Could it be some kind of evacuation shelter?"

"Yeah, maybe. But there's an answer out there. And I wanna remember Karube's words. I'm gonna do it for everyone. I'm gonna find the mastermind of this sick game. And get this world back to the way it was. I swear it. But to do that, I have to head to the Beach."

"If we don't join a game soon, our visas will expire," Usagi said

"If we don't join a game soon, our visas will expire," Usagi said. They'd spent days looking for the beach with no luck. Now, they'd set up two tents in a field. Usagi and Hana slept in them. Hana had offered Arisu to sleep in her tent, but he's insisted he'd sleep outside.

"My visa expires in three days," Arisu said, "Three days to go. But I'll find that Beach and... I'll put an end to this damn game."

"Tomorrow, I'll do a day hunt. Do either of you wanna come with me?" Usagi asked.

"I'll come," Hana said.

"Me too," Arisu said, "Cant promise I'll stay out your way but I'll do my best. All the knowledge that you've discovered about nature... I need to learn, and learn right away. Life comes with consequence. Without thinking about that, somehow I've lived till now. Those guys trusted me. They died believing in me. I may also die soon, and for what? For now... I don't want to waste even a single minute, not a second."

"Have a good night," Usagi said, closing up her tent.

"I'm gonna sleep, too," Hana said, "You sure you don't wanna get in the tent?"

"I'm sure," Arisu said, "Goodnight, Hana."

"Goodnight."

The next night, they stood outside one of the game, watching the participants

The next night, they stood outside one of the game, watching the participants. The three had split up, and we're all watching different groups.

"What do you see?" Usagi asked into the walkie talkie.

"There are about ten participants in the game," Arisu said.

"I see four people. I'll pretend I'm jointing the game and talk to them," Usagi said.

"I see two people," Hana said, "They're pretty far, though."

"Usagi, wait a second," Arisu said.

"What?" Usagi asked.

"Look at the participants' wrists."

"Their wrists?"

"Any of your guys' wearing a locker key? Like the ones you get in a fitness club. I saw them when we were playing a game."

"None of mine," Hana said.

"Two of mine are," Usagi said.

"Keep your eyes on them," Arisu said.

"Got it."

Soon, the game was over. "The ones who cleared the game came out," Arisu said, "I was right. They have locker keys."

"Over here, three people came out. They split up and walked off," Usagi said, "Two of them had locker keys, they seem like they're together. They're headed in the same direction. I'll follow them."

"Damn," Hana said, "I think all of mine died. I see Usagi's guys, though. I'll follow, too."

"Guys," Arisu said into the walkie, after a bit of following.

"Did you see that too?" Usagi asked.

"It's definitely these guys," Hana said, "But how do we follow them? They're getting into a car."

"They might be collecting all these old cars as an organisation. They're rolling!" Arisu said.

"Ours are too!" Usagi said. Hana eventually caught up with Usagi and they began following the car.

"The cars headed for Maihama!"

"Ours too!"

The cars were fast, faster than they could run. Eventually, they stopped chasing. They had an idea of where they were going.

The three stood on the bridge, looking over at the big lit up building

The three stood on the bridge, looking over at the big lit up building. "Is that it?" Usagi asked.

Arisu read the words on the building. "Beach. That's it. How does it have electricity?"

"Will we find the answers to our questions there?"

"We better, after spending days looking."

Hana looked at Arisu, seeing a gun pointed at the back of his head. She turned around to see two men. They put bags over Arisu and Usagi's heads, knocking them out, before turning to Hana.

She put up a decent fight, but they overpowered her. In her defence, it was two versus one. They had an unfair advantage.

sorry short chapter