Back home

-Serene-

This week I came back home from new york to visit my parents in Jersey and my cousin Jamie came down too with her kids. It was like a mini reunion. Jamie was on my mom side so she was dark-skinned with beautiful long curly hair and her kids took after her. They were twin boys and I love them so much, granted they were annoying but they're my godsons so it's fine. Jamie's husband couldn't make it which sucked because he was really funny and he and my father were a combination to die for.

I, Jamie, and my mother went out for most of the week leaving my dad to fend for himself with the boys. Today we went shopping.

" ohh this us cute" Jamie said to my mom.
I was not too far from them but I wasn't paying attention to what they were looking at.

" oh yeah, Serene would love this! Serene come look at this" my mom called me over.

I walk up only to see Jamie holding up black lace lingerie in her hands with a big cheezy grin on her face and an even bigger one on my mother's face.

" I'm not wearing that, I mean it's cute but I'm not wearing it, so just put it back"  I say as go to a rack of clothing next to us.

" Serene your so boringggg" Jamie says as she puts the lingerie down.

" no I'm not I just dont want pasta for underwear"

" no one is telling you to wear it every day, we're just saying that one day just treat yourself, like when you are alone," my mom said.

" or not alone " Jamie happily added

" just get a sexy drink some wine and unwind especially when you feel like you have been working too hard" mom continued.

" fine but not anytime soon" I said laughing as I picked it up. To be honest it was really cute.

" good, and when you do make sure you save it for later if any handsome men catches your eye." Jamie said as she nudged my shoulder.

We ended our shopping with lunch and headed back home to my parent's house. We were welcomed with two screaming twins and my dad chasing them as a zombie. They ran into Jamie holding her legs captive. I watch them with a smile, but I felt some thing staring at me. I looked over to the Grievers house to see Draven unpacking a car, looking at me. . It was hard to ignore, His death stare, but I was distracted again by the twins running into me after my father reached their mom.

" hey boys you know a way to kill a zombie" I say loud enough so my dad can catch on.

" noo" they say in unison

" you rawr as loud as you can right back at them and they drop dead!" I say with enthusiasm.

My dad laughs at his new task I laid upon him. My mom kisses him hello.
" good luck," she says as she pats him on the back and walks into the house.

"You ready now go get him!!" I order.

The boys run at my dad and rawr as loud as they could. My dad acts shocked and dramatically falls to the ground. The twins both blow raspberries at him and run into the house.

I help my dad up and he pinches me as payback and we laugh it off, he goes inside and I go back to get my stuff out of the car and lock up. I looked back over at the Griever's house next door, and notice Draven no longer in the driveway. It's been a long time since I've seen him, I'm not surprised that things haven't changed after all these years.

Thank God I'm leaving tomorrow. I don't feel like dealing with that Griever. I head back inside to call it a night.

                               - Draven-