004

"it seems like the both of them are getting along well , don't you think ?" mr zhongli said , smiling . he was proud of scaramouche .

principal ei nodded and smiled . "he's finally interacting with someone other than us . what a grown boy . "

--------------------------------------------------------------
scaramouche's pov

ugh what is this feeling .. the feeling when my heart skips a beat , the feeling of joy when she smiles . the urge to stare at her from time to time . the feeling of me wanting to help her as much as possible. the feeling to be by her side ?

is this what you call a friend ..? im not sure .. it's hard to tell .

"why are you staring at me ? it is disrupting my studying . " l/n said as she flipped through pages in the textbook .

"ugh , i wasn't even staring at you .. i was staring at the scenery outside the window . don't assume such things ." i said , trying not to stutter from getting caught .

"yeah , okay . " she said , uninterested in the current topic .

soon enough , professor venti came in the classroom and everyone immediately ran back to their seats .

"hellooo, my dear students . we have a surprise geography pop quiz !"

as soon as professor venti said this , everyone groaned . i honestly didn't mind the surprise pop quizzes , i was really confident that I'd get a full score .

i turned to look at l/n . surprisingly, she looked defeated . this is not like her at all .

--------------------------------------------------------------

y/n's pov

as soon as professor venti told us about the sudden pop quiz , my heart sank . I've been so busy studying maths and science that I've forgotten to study geography .

my dad always asks the teachers to keep an eye on me at school and report to him if there's any pop quizzes , he's expecting me to get the highest score . that would be easy but, scaramouche ... scaramouche will beat me again. every single time .

professor venti started handing out the quiz , i tried to calm myself , but it wasn't working .

i took a look at the quiz he handed , there were many questions i understood very well , but the pressure of having to get the highest score was bringing me down .

--------------------------------------------------------------

scaramouche's pov

i could tell she was really pressured into beating me in this quiz . i could hear sniffles from time to time . it was like she was holding in her tears . why is she so caught up in beating me though ..

i sighed and finished the quiz really quickly . it was pretty easy for me . then , I looked over at l/n's quiz paper , she was stuck at the last question .

the answer of it was the pacific ocean , but i guess she didnt expect a quiz today so she focused on maths and science and didn't bother about geography. she wrote atlantic ocean instead .

suddenly i felt nervous . i picked up my pencil and eraser , hesitating ..

'should i change my answer to the wrong answer? so she can best me this time ?'

i snapped out of my thoughts and put down my paper and pencil , rushing to the front to pass up my quiz sheet to the professor.

l/n was done and passed it up to professor venti as well. she was walking really stiff and she was muttering something , I couldn't quite hear it .

20 minutes later , professor venti returned our quizzes to us and l/n immediately slammed the paper on the table with both hands , not wanting to even take a look at it .

"want me to take a look for you . everyone's looking at us right now and it's all because of you slamming the god damn table ." i groaned .

she sighed and handed me her paper . my eyes widened in seeing her score .. this can't be..