010

he waited for me to tell him what was on my mind .

"you know .. we haven't had an actual first kiss yet ?" i said , looking down at my fingers .

"oh ? would you like me to kiss you ?" he said , with both of his hands on my cheek .

"i.." i couldn't find the words as i was too flustered , so i just nodded at him .

he placed one of his arms behind my head and pulled me closer into his embrace . then we had a little moment , staring at each with smiles on our faces .

"you really want this , right ?" he double-confirmed .

oh , to have a guy like that ..

"yes , kuni. i do .." i said while staring at his gorgeous eyes .

he pulled me closer to his face and gently kissed me on the lip , and so i wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back . his lips were smooth and soft , i didn't want to stop , but we had to , to catch a breath , luckily there wasn't anyone other than us in the class at that time .

"im satisfied , let's continue with our studying .." i said , touching my bottom lip .

"right ." he replied , turning the pages of the geography textbook .

he spent his time , teaching me , no matter how many times i didn't get it , he would slowly try and make me understand until I got it .

with him by my side , im sure I'd be able to get my grades back up again .

"well ,we've covered all the subjects in 3 hours . you might get first place for your dad now." he smiled at me .

ah , yeah . i almost forgotten that im doing this mainly for my father.

i smiled back and thanked him a thousand times .

"chill out ." he said , concerned .

--------------------------------------------------------------
scaramouche's pov

a week later , it was time for our first test of the year .

i checked on l/n , seeing if she was okay or not . she took some deep breaths , looked at me and gave me a thumbs up .i returned the thumbs up .

the both of us decided to compete against each other for every subject , and whoever lost would have to buy something or do something the other person really wanted .

l/n and i both finished our tests at the same time , waiting for the professor to collect them .

days went by , and the exams were finally over .

"so , how was it ?" i questioned her , hoping my tutoring has helped her .

"im so nervous ... i really want to beat you this time !" she said , while wiping the non-existent sweat on her forehead .

"relax , im sure you will beat me this time ." i reassured .

"oh really ? you've been top 1 the whole time you were in high school , i don't stand a chance ." she sighed .

"trust me . you'll get first place this time .."

"fine , fine . but if i don't , you're so dead !" she threatened me .

"calm down , loser .." i rolled my eyes .

"if that's a nickname you're planning to give me , I'm not taking it ." she said , poking my cheek .

i took her hand off my face . "what if it is ? " i teased .

"then I'd give you a goofy nickname too ." she pouted .

"like what ?"

"scaraboobs , scaramouchey, scarapoo, scarapookie -"

"that's too many .. alright fine i won't call you a loser then ." i said in defeat .

few months later .

"KUNI , THE RESULTS ARE OUT , BUT FIRST I WANT TO CHECK OUT THE CLASS PLACING ." l/n screamed in my ear .

"my ears ... but alright , let's go ." i sighed , letting her drag me to the front of the notice board .

fourth place - keqing
third place - barbara
second place - scaramouche
first place - l/n

"OH MY GOSH .." she said , bursting into tears as she turned around to hug me .

i tensed up a bit and then soften myself , patting her head gently . "see , i told you ?"

"i actually did it , kuni.. i finally beat you !" she said happily as she gently punched my chest .

"yep , you did it ." i smiled at her . if she was happy , I'd be happy too .

"you don't seem dissapointed in getting second , why's that ?"

"uhh well -"
--------------------------------------------------------------
flashback to a day ago .

"hey mom ." i said as i got back home .

"hey , kunikuzushi . how was the test ? getting first again ?" she asked me , while preparing some documents .

"not this time , no ." i shook my head .

"oh ? that's new , what's going on ?" she asked curiously .

"i decided to purposely get some of the questions wrong so that l/n gets first place this time . it's kind of her dream , and she wants her father to be proud of her ." i shrugged . i couldn't believe im telling my mother , the principal about this .

"how cute ! so you're planning to keep this from her right ?" my mom asked .

"obviously .. anyways I'm going to my room now , bye mom ." i ran to my room .

"dinner's in your room by the way !" she shouted , loud enough for me to hear .

--------------------------------------------------------------
back to the present

"maybe it's because I'm happy to see you getting first place ?" i smiled again .

"you're so sweet , kuni . i love you so much !" she hugged me tighter .

"woah , easy there l/n , I don't want to be falling on the ground ." i warned .

"my bad .. im just too excited and happy ." she squealed .

soon , we went back home and i told her to text me about her father's reaction .

she told me that he was really proud and he actually apologized for whatever he's done to her .

'ah i finally can relax , and rest without worrying too much !'

the end .