005

an eleven out of thirty ? below average ? what is happening ..

"um, so.. how much did I get .." l/n said with one hand in her chest .

"u-uh.. hold on ." i rushed to the professor and requested a recheck .

"professor venti, are you sure this is l/n's ? there's no way that she did that bad , right ?"

"i mean , yeah . her name is right there . even i was shocked after seeing that score . i thought she would've gotten a twenty-nine or thirty ." professor venti sighed in disappointment .

i guess she just needs to face the truth . i handed it back to her without saying a word . just what is going on ..

her eyes widened and she wanted to say something . she couldn't talk , she was too in shock about it , tears were only able to come out .

"i- i guess it's better than a zero huh ." she smiled in pain . for god's sake l/n ..

i wanted to say something , but knowing the person i am , mean words would probably come out of my mouth and ruin everything .

"um, well look your stupid idol posted something ." I said , pointing at the notification on her phone .

her eyes lit up and she immediately went to check it out .

"SHE'S SO MAJESTIC

"SHE'S SO MAJESTIC . DO YOU SEE HER EYES ? THE WAY IT SHINES ??" she said , shoving her phone at my face .

"these things are stupid , i dont care about this ." i said , pushing her phone off my face .

"no lifer ." she said , continuing to scroll on twitter .

i just kept silent and rolled my eyes . she was happy again . geez , this girl is so easy to please . i chuckled inside , i have nothing to worry about now then .

"ah, thanks for telling me about her post ! but sadly my dad will want to see my quiz . ahh, i wonder what he would do this time ."

i had no clue what her dad was like so I didn't want to assume things , so i decided to keep quiet .

"hey l/n ! i heard you got a low score this time , everything good ?" albedo smiled .

"mhm ! im fine , what about you ? congrats on getting a twenty-five for the quiz ! you did well ." she smiled back .

yuck , could they take this somewhere else .

"thank you love ." albedo teased .

"veryyy funny albedo , love you too ." she joked .

something about him makes my blood boil .

"can't you guys take this somewhere else . it's disgusting and annoying ."

"this is why nobody likes you ." albedo shot back at me .

"oh ? the last time i remember , your old crush in middle school was obsessed with me . what's his name ? kaeya ? that's right. I'd advise you not to get in my way. " i replied angrily .

"uh .. can you guys like stop..?" l/n rolled her eyes . you could tell she was getting annoyed .

"i'd watch your foul mouth if i were you ." albedo said angrily.

"geez , why do you have to make everything into an argument ." l/n questioned .

i was still pissed off by albedo .

"why do YOU have to always cry about everything so small ?" i scolded .

'ah shit, i didn't mean that .'

she stared at me , nodded and sighed .
"even i don't know the question to that ."

that was an odd answer , but i shrugged it off .

soon class was over , i wanted to be nice.. and ask her if everything was okay at home , but when the bell rang, she got up , packed her things and ran out of the classroom with a worried look . why was she in a rush ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

y/n's pov

as soon as the bell rang, i ran out of the classroom , rushing to get home . i knew my dad would be furious once again , i knew I'd get hit again . i just wanted to get this over with , and i just want to study harder for him . i want father to love me .

"eleven out of thirty . what have you been doing the past few days hm? " my father said while staring at my quiz grade .

"i- i was studying maths and science instead of geography! i didn't know there was going to be a pop quiz - please f-forgive me father , I'll work harder !" i stuttered , scared of what he was going to do .

"you're a disgrace . this is why your mother left us . i hate you ." he said as he punched my eye .

"dad.. i think you just made me blind on one eye . can you please stop. ." i said with tears rolling down my eyes .

he sighed and stopped . "study harder . get the stupid supplies yourself from the living room . it's in the first aid kit ."

i thanked him and took a patch and sticked it on my eye . how am i supposed to face people at school after this ..