Of a Different Caliber

"Are you telling me that you're checking her out?! Forger, of all people?!!!"

Ewen scratched the back of his head, careful not to ruin the blonde skyscraper on top. "In my defense, it's not like I want to. It just happened!"

"Speak!" Damian hissed at him.

"W-Well, during the first day of classes, I just happened to notice her... Like, two years ago when she entered the room, she was a bit taller, her legs were longer than before... Then last year, her hips made her curvier and her face was less chubby... She's becoming so... sorry Bossman... pretty."

Damian clenched his fist tightly under his cloak. His friends are crushing on Anya Forger! That commoner who punched him, whom he called shrimp, who cried in front of him sincerely and adorably with the cute puppy eyes of hers—

Weirdo! She's a weirdo! And he... he can't accept that his friend is checking out his own cru— a lowly girl... yes, that's it!

"And, to add to what Ewen said, she's very vibrant, carefree, and confident — unlike most girls who are either too eager to get a guy or too full of themselves. So... we kind of have developed a... little crush on her..." Emile said, his head in the clouds.

Even Emile?! Damian felt his jaw muscles stiffen. His friend is right though. Those were the very things that separate Anya Forger from the rest of the Eden girls. She's kind too and she says nice things to people. Not that it covers up for her being snotty and dumb, though it's cute. She drools when she sleeps which is disgusting. But when she wakes up and rubs her eyes, she's the most adorable—

Dammit! The fact remains that she is a peasant that highborn like them should never associate with! He was about to scold his friends over his perceived inelegance of their choice of a lady when the door flew open.

"Anya!" Becky squealed, her classmates covering their ears for protection.

"Becky!" Anya replied, smiling as radiantly as always. She entered the room holding her bag in one hand.

To the boys, whether or not they admit, it was as if the hall was filled with bright sunlight and pretty sparkles.

"It's been two months! I missed you!"

"I missed you too!" Anya replied, lightly jogging to her friend to take her invitation for a warm hug.

"Oh you grew half an inch, I guess."

"Really?! That's better than nothing!" Anya replied, giggling heartily. The three boys marveled at what their senses delightfully perceived from the pink head.

Damian, in particular, watched her as she bounced on her toes.

Having just been influenced by his friends, his eyes inspected what used to be a smug little girl. Anya has grown into a charming lady. Sure, the usual antics were still there — still loud, crazy, too energetic — but she's amazing in her own way. Like the way she doesn't need to put makeup on because of her natural beauty. Like the way her long hair gradually fell into waves and big curls, bouncing on her waist. The way she smiled, unfazed by the bullies who threw her all sorts of rumors. And the strength she has, evident during their PE classes.

Anya Forger is something else — she is a whole different caliber of a woman.

~~~~~