Forest

The forest was beautiful.

You had forgotten how much you loved this place. It had been forever since you had come here, so long in fact that you were surprised you remembered it. It was not a popular place, but not an empty one either. It was connected to a park next to the river, where lovers came often for strolls and picnics.

You had always wanted to go with someone. Maybe that's why when that stranger asked you where to meet, you decided on this place.

You sat on a bench at the entrance of the forest, not going too far in. The man you met last night felt familiar but not familiar enough to go into a secluded forest. But perhaps he wouldn't come at all. After all, it was such a short chance of a meeting. He probably asked to meet every girl that night, only deciding to keep his plans with the best ones.

But he had been a complete gentleman that night. He kept to his word, not allowing you to get caught for sneaking in, and even encouraging more mischief as the night went on. He was funny and smooth, as if he had been the one to host the party instead of attending it.

You sighed.

Someone huffed and sat next to you on the bench.

"I had no idea so many couples came here."

You jumped and turned to find Yoongi next to you. He slumped over the back of the bench, smiling ironically as he watched all the couples in front of you.

"What are you doing here?" you asked.

"I told you," he said, turning to look at you. "When I'm interested in something, I watch closely."

You huffed.

"So you've become a stalker?" you asked. "I don't know what your game is, but I'm not interested."

You stood, taking a few steps before a hand grabbed your arm and gently redirected you back.

"But you asked to meet me, milady," he said in your ear.

He gave a wide, wolfish grin. Stunned at both the smile and his words, you couldn't say a word as he pulled you into the forest, out of the eyesight of the other couples. He leaned your back against one of the trees, then placed one hand on the side of your head.

You swallowed, his scent suddenly familiar. "What are you talking about?"

He searched your face for a moment, not saying anything.

"I never asked to meet –"

He raised an eyebrow at you, stopping you.

"Are you sure about that?"

He then placed a hand on your waist and held your hand with the other, pulling you forward into a dance stance.

The same dance stance from the ball the night before.

"No one is watching this time," he whispered. "So don't be embarrassed."

You looked up into his eyes.

Yes. They were the same dark, endless eyes that you had seen behind a mask the night before.

"It was you?" you breathed out.

"You don't seem completely disappointed," he said, laughing with a hiss through his teeth. "That's better than I anticipated."

You straightened to signal for him to let you go, but he held you firmly in his arms, smiling down at you.

"So yesterday was a ruse?" you asked.

"A ruse? Whatever do you mean?"

"Just another chance to tease a poor servant girl?"

He paused before answering.

"Everyone knows of the rivalry between me and Namjoon," he said softly. "And I enjoy the competition. To be clear, I've never been jealous of him; I just enjoyed having someone to contend with. It's quite boring being so successful so easily."

"I see your humility hasn't been damaged by it," you muttered.

He smirked. "You were so beautiful last night."

You raised your head to look at him, surprised by his words

"In that dress," he said. "Hiding in plain sight, as you always do. Not longing for anyone in the room, but enjoying yourself."

He licked his bottom lip, his eyes fluttering around your neck to your eyes.

"I wanted to watch the whole night," he whispered.

Your breath caught in your chest, suddenly aware of the heat between your bodies as he held you in a dance stance. His fingers adjusted on your waist.

"Give me a chance tonight," he said. "No more hiding. Let me take you out. Out of the shadows."

His words were warm and sincere, in a velvet tone you had never heard from a man. You never expected it to come from your employer's rival – your own rival - a man who always teased you and tormented you; but who, for some reason, saw you.

In your confusion, you could only ask his name as a question.

"Yoongi?"

He breathed out softly as he laughed. His eyes met yours, deep and reckless.

"That's the first time you've said my name like that."

He leaned down, pressing his lips against the bare nape of your neck. Surprised and intoxicated, you squeezed his hand. He smiled against the skin of your neck, squeezing back and then interlacing his fingers in yours.

"Are you ready to be seen, little pup?" he asked. "To let a man look at you?'

His words were sweet and smoky, much like his fiery laugh. And just like the flames of a fire, it was too hard to look away.

"Just one night," you whispered back.

He lifted his eyebrow. "That sounds like a challenge, you know."

You tried to suppress a smile. "Your competitiveness is quite a vice."

"In the right moments, it's a virtue."

He smiled warmly. It was a sincere smile that you didn't see often; the smile of a man who was clearly looking at you with affection. 

Just one night.

The stars could fall out of the sky tomorrow.

YOONGI'S ENDING FINI

Are you satisfied with the ending?

Start back at BEGINNINGS to try another route, or go to FINAL ENDING!