I have cancer. Horaay

AIN Chap 5

TAYLOR

The night pretty much ended with Phoenix dead beat on the window seat, with scattered medications and receipts. I saw dark circles lining her under eyes, and even a slight laugh line. Eyeliner was scattered along with a few dried up tears.

She looks so tiered and sad and so consumed. She also looks uncomfortable in her position. I took the liberty to carry her to her bed and tucked her in. She is pretty light weight and really skinny, skinnier than me and that's saying a lot.

Once I laid her down on the bed, I wrapped her around the black fluffy duvet and adjusted her head to a comfortable state on the pillows. I made sure to do everything gracefully to prevent her from waking up. I can tell by the looks of it that she needs a lot of sleep.

I left her room once i was satisfied with her being comfortable and went to my room and began pondering about Phoenix. She's so Though and flirty and really decisive. That girl sure knows what she wants. Even with my best friend I still can't get her out of my mind and it fucking killing me.

Three months with this girl will surely be though. Mercedes, I don't have a problem with but Phoenix. Well I'm not sure about that. They don't seem as suspicious as before but i still wonder what the twins could hide.

I wonder what's wrong about her. Whats up with all the medications and stuff. Obviously she's sick but i can't point my finger on her disease. It's definitely not just a fever. Hell i even caught her hand shaking terribly with her face and lips being drained from the color it once had.

It was crazy, her body is unreadable, she can be extremely strong but she can also be as fragile as glass. She barely eats, her appetite sucks. But who am i to know, I just met her. But i still think it's a bit weird.

2:00 AM and I'm wide awake on my one without the help of caffeine. I got out of my room and walked around the dark house with my lacy robe on. I went to the kitchen and whipped myself up some green tea and snatched a few candy bars from the pantry.

As I approached the living room, I saw a frail figure on the sofa. By the looks of it, it was Mercedes. She was flipping through the channels on the television until she felt my presence. "Oh hey there, did I wake you up?" She asked tiredly. "No not really, I can't  sleep and I'm guessing you can't too." I said as I sat beside her looking blankly at the screen. "Yeah, I just can't sleep. It's been a few days actually. I don't want Leave Phoenix at her state. She's getting worse every single day." She said as she placed her head on her hands.

"Do you mind me asking?" I asked timidly. She sighed and leaned back. "I guess you have the right to know. Ask away." I smiled at that. Questions then raced to my head wanting to escape my mouth. "What is happening to her?" Was the first thing i said.

"She's sick. For quite some time now, and we barely have a sheet of hope of her getting better. We moved here for the sole purpose of treatment and medication at the hospital beside our school." She explained. "Does your mom know?" She smiled sadly at this. "No, We don't have the strength to tell her. And I promised Pheen that I wouldn't so that explains her ignorance."

"Wow , that's a lot to take in. I would rather ask her personally about her condition, I want to see what i can do for her. Is her condition critical?" I once again asked. "Yes, the doctors gave her a grace time of  a couple of months but that's it."

"I just hate seeing her in pain. I hate seeing blood on her. She deserves better, she deserves everything good in the world. She has a lot more in her than what she is showing and she is hindering herself from the world. Behind her cocky and confident façade, she is a teenage girl who wants to be like other girls, what she calls 'normal girls'" Mercedes said with so much emotion.

"Well"

"You'll have my back, She'll get better. I'll make sure of it. "