Chapter 2

Third P.O.V.

Layra was in Dragonstone with her family after her mother told them they were moving to Dragonstone. Let's just say that Layra locked herself in her room once they arrived.

Layra's outfit when arriving in Dragonstone

But right after they arrived they received a letter from Rhaenys telling them that Laena died so they went to Driftmark

Laenor and Layra both had the hardest time accepting her death. Both the father/daughter duo were close to Laena.

 Both the father/daughter duo were close to Laena

Layra's funeral dress.

She clung to her father putting her face in her father's chest crying. Rhaenyra ignored her daughter's cries and only payed attention to her boys.

Alicent noticed Rhaenyra not paying attention to her daughter and she now has another reason to hate her.

Later everyone was up on the balcony. Layra was sitting with aunts daughters, Rhaena and Baela. The three were close and just clinged onto their eldest cousin.

"Go comfort your cousins." Layra heard her mother say.

She looked up to see her mother telling her brother, Luke to come comfort their cousin.

(I can't remember who Rhaenyra told to comfort Rhaena and Baela. Correct me if I'm wrong)

"But, Layra is comforting them." Luke said.

"I don't care. Make your sister go elsewhere." Rhaenyra said not caring the people nearby heard her.

Layra quickly left while being watched by mostly everyone. Rhaena and Baela stared after their cousin not wanting her to leave.

Layra walks down the steps and headed over to her father who was standing in the water.

"Father!" Layra calls out to her father with tears in her eyes. "Please come out of the water."

Laenor ignored his daughter and just stared out at sea.

That's when Ser Qarl appeared. He smiles at the young girl who smiles back. She watches as her father's lover gets him out of the water.

She follows after them and watches very concerned. She felt a hand on her shoulder and turns to see her grandsire, Corlys who smiled sadly at her.

"Let's go inside sweetling." Corlys told his granddaughter who just nods.

He leads her inside as her grandmother, Rhaenys grabs her cousins.

"It will be alright my sweets." Rhaenys told her granddaughters who had tears in their eyes.

"How do you know, grandmother?" Rhaena asks.

"Because myself, Laenor and Corlys will be here for you three. I'll be taking you three in as wards." Rhaenys told them and they both nodded.

"Thank you grandmother. Now I won't have to be anywhere near my whore of a mother." Layra says.

"Layra!!" Rhaenys hissed.

"What?" Layra asks innocently. "We all know it and she knows it."

"We mustn't say that. It's the highest of treason." Rhaenys explained.

"Fine I won't say anything." Layra said.

"Good now go to bed. All three of you." Rhaenys told the three.

"Can we sleep together in Layra's room?" Baela asks.

"Of course." Rhaenys said and kissed each of their foreheads.

-----------------------------------

Who should Layra be betrothed to?