Chapter 4

Third P.O.V.

Layra was currently locked away in her room staring out the window. It was the next day. It was quiet until she heard a knock on her door.

Layra's dress

"Layra, my daughter, please open the door

"Layra, my daughter, please open the door." Layra heard her father's voice say.

"Go away." Layra said not turning away from the window.

"Layra, if you don't open this door!! I will break it down!" Laenor yells.

"Laenor, let me." Alicent's voice appears and the man turns to see the Queen with her guard with her.

"My queen...." Laenor said and bowed.

"Can I try?" Alicent asks.

"You can try, but it won't work." Laenor told her and leaned against the wall opposite of his daughter's door.

Ser Criston stands next to him as they watched the Queen.

"Layra, dear it's me Alicent. May I come in?" Alicent asks.

There is no response from behind the door.

"Layra, this isn't healthy." Alicent says. "Just come out and we can talk like adults."

What the three didn't realize was that several people had walked around the corner and we're watching.

But eventually Ser Criston and Laenor noticed them. It was, Laenor's parents, nieces, Uncle Vaemond, Aemond, Aegon and Viserys.

"Go away...." Layra's voice is heard.

Aemond walked away from his spot and walked over to his mother.

"Can I try?" Aemond whispers.

"You can try." Alicent told her son and walks away.

Ser Criston walks away with the Queen and eventually everyone else left. But what Aemond didn't realize they didn't go far.

"Layra, please open the door." Aemond says with a little plead in his voice.

Layra for the first time looked away from the window and at her door.

"I know you can hear me. But please open the door." Aemond says.

Layra was staring at her door.

Aemond starts to walk away when he heard the door unlock so he stops and turns back around. He slowly walks towards her door and puts his hand on the knob.

He turns the knob and walks inside to see Layra standing by the window. He walks over to her and notices how she turns his head when he got closer so he doesn't see the scars.

"You don't have to turn. We both got hurt." Aemond told her.

"I'm a female and no male will want me because I'm scarred." Layra spoke softly with tears starting to form.

"That's not true, Layra." Aemond starts. "Any man you marry would be happy to have you as their wife."

"I'm broken, Aemond. You know how this world is. They won't want a broken and scarred wife." Layra says tears starting to fall.

Aemond walked over to her and turned her so she was facing him.

While they were talking so were there parents. They were talking about betrothing Aemond and Layra which Rhaenys, Corlys and Laenor heartily agreed with.