Chapter 5

Third P.O.V.

it was the next day. Aemond and Layra had gotten closer. Eventually he coaxed her out of the room to eat.

When they walked through the halls everyone gasped at them not expecting the young prince to get the princess out of her room

They eventually arrived at the hall to see their family all eating. When everyone heard the footsteps they turned to see the two. Rhaenys gasped and got up from her seat and ran over to her granddaughter.

"Oh, I'm so glad you came." Rhaenys told her granddaughter.

"If it wasn't for Prince Aemond, I wouldn't have left my room." Layra told her.

"Well that's a relief." Rhaenys said before leading her granddaughter to a seat next to her father.

After everyone finished eating they just sat and talked. Laenor looked up at Alicent and then the king who both nodded.

"Layra, myself, the Queen and king have something we wish to tell you and Aemond." Laenor says and everyone quit talking to turn to him.

"We have decided to betroth you and Aemond, since you guys are close." Alicent says with a kind smile and Layra looked at her father who smiles.

"Thank you, father. Grandsire and grandmother for the generous offer." Layra says with a smile. "I'll accept because I'd rather have him than some random Lord whom I don't really know well."

The adults all smile. That's when the doors opened and they turn to see Jace, Luke, Rhaenyra and Daemon. Layra looked down and Aemond noticed before grabbed her hand and squeezing it. She smiles as a thanks to him.

The four sit down and eat as the rest converse between each other. Laenor kisses the top of his daughter's head and walked out not acknowledging his wife and "sons". Layra noticed Daemon following his every move and she got a bad feeling.

"Layra. . . ." Jace's voice is heard and Layra stops her conversation with Aemond to look at her bastard of a brother.

"What?" Layra asks still not in a happy mood. "Do you want to take out my other eye as well?"

"No." Jace says with a gulp. "I wanted to apologize."

Layra looked at him with an unreadable expression.

"Layra, he's apologizing, accept it please and we can go on with our lives." Rhaenyra spoke and Layra turns to glare at the woman who birthed her, ignoring the flinch her mother gave her.

"No." Layra says, surprising everyone at the table as well as the servants and guards in the room. "I don't need his shitty apology. He blinded me and took Aemond's eye."

Rhaenyra looked at her daughter.

"Young lady that is no language of a princess." Rhaenyra hissed.

"Oh seven fucking hell." Layra says and Aemond grabs her hand again trying to calm her down.

"Listen to your mother." Daemon speaks up and everyone quickly turned to him.

"You're not my father. And don't think I didn't hear you and my mother about trying to kill my father so you two could marry. If you kill my father, I'll become your worst fucking nightmare." Layra said before she quickly gets out of her seat and left the room with Aemond quickly following her.

Viserys and the other adults looked at Rhaenyra and Daemon shocked.

Viserys was disappointed now realizing what his daughter has become.

Rhaenys and Corlys shocked and scared because of the revelation of what their granddaughter revealed.

Alicent shocked because Layra figured something out really quickly.

Otto was smirking because of the young girl he had become to like, because of her witty and outspoken personality.

Aegon had stopped drinking and stared at his sister and Daemon wide eyed and shocked.

Larys Strong smirking because of the young girl personality.

Baela and Rhaena scared for their cousin and now were angry at their father who's trying to marry someone just days after their mother was dead.