Chapter 8

Third P.O.V.

Vaemond was told that he'd be sent to exile for saying those words in court for several years. That had upset Layra who cried into his chest.

"Look at me." Vaemond says and Layra looked at him. "Just be glad that you got Driftmark instead of your brother."

Layra nods and hugs her uncle again before he gets on his horse and rides out of the gates.

Rhaenys walked over to her granddaughter. She hugs her and kisses her forehead.

"Viserys is inviting everyone to dinner. Your cousins will be there so please either interact with them or Aemond." Rhaenys told her.

"I will, grandmother." Layra says with a smile.

"Good, now go get changed." Rhaenys tells her.

"Yes, grandmother." Layra said and quickly ran inside.

"She's grown more beautiful since I've last seen her." Rhaenys heard and turns to see Rhaenyra.

"Yes, she has." Rhaenys says in a short answer.

"I want to thank you for taking care of my daughter when I couldn't." Rhaenyra says and Rhaenys gives her a look that she ignores.

Rhaenys just had a false smile on her face and just listened to all the bull shit that came out of Rhaenyra's mouth.

Layra was a little bit late to dinner only by like five to ten minutes. Once she got closer guards and servants stared at her in shock.

 Once she got closer guards and servants stared at her in shock

She was wearing gold on her black dress

Which meant that House Velaryon and their bannerman declare war. But not on a house but on a person that the said person wearing the color would tell them who they are going after.

(This is wrong but I don't care. My story, my character and my rules)

The guards standing outside the dinner room quickly opens and everyone turned to see Layra walk in. They stared at her in shock. Baela, Rhaena, Aemond, Otto and Alicent quickly stood and bowed to her.

The others quickly got up except the King. She takes her seat next to Aemond who smiles at her.

"It's good to see you, Layra." Alicent says.

"And you, My Queen." Layra says with a smile.

"I see you've gotten better at doing your hair." Helaena says to her niece who smiles at her.

"Thank you, Aunt Helaena. My grandmother taught me and I guess I just practiced a lot." Layra says.

"More like you used mine and Rhaena's hair." Baela says and the three laugh.

"I did because I couldn't do it at first. But then I eventually got better at it." Layra says.

"So, Layra when are you and my brother getting married?" Aegon asks and Rhaenyra quickly looked up.

"What?" Rhaenyra asks but everyone ignored her.

"We haven't really thought about it. But I'd like to have it soon." Layra says as Aemond held her hand from underneath the table.

"We can start tomorrow on working on the details." Alicent says with a smile.

"Thank you. But I don't want it to be big. Just want it to be close family." Layra says.

"We can do that." Alicent says with a smile.