Chapter Twelve

Just the thought of you can drive me wild. Ooh you make me smile.” Smile-Uncle Kracker

Surprisingly, I was making more money from the dance classes than I was working at the yogurt place, although I was still at the diner part time. It was nice finally making money doing something I love with someone I…really care about.

My parents didn’t notice a change, in my mood or in me being home more often. I haven’t exactly made friends, per say, but that’s more my fault than my students. Ryan keeps trying to get me to socialize more, outside of class, but I haven’t yet. At the moment I’m packing, and repacking for the thanksgiving trip. I haven’t exactly done this, like ever, and don’t exactly know what to bring and what not to bring.

Ryan, being of no help, is sitting on my futon watching T.V. “Sky, just toss clothes in so that we can go!” he complains the millionth time.

“well if you would tell me what to bring than this would go faster.” He sighs and switches the T.V. off. Guess his show was over.

He grabs two pairs of jeans, two shirts, a sweater, my pajamas, and the dress I bought the other day and quickly but neatly folds them. It was crazy how careful he was with my clothes, setting them individually in my orange suitcase. He grabs my shoes and heels and sets them in and then zips up the bag.

“can we go now?” he asks impatient. He had my bag over his shoulder, glancing toward the door.

“of course.” I say, grabbing my purse and quickly kissing him on the cheek before I opened the front door. He grabbed my hand as he descended the stairs so that the show of being a couple would start. That’s what I was worried about for this weekend. Well, two things really. One, I had to share a room with Ryan and Ryan only. A room with a single king size bed. What parents do that?

Two, I wasn’t going to have a break from acting like his girlfriend. It’s not like we’d just be friends at school or whatever. no, this was going to be four days, three nights, of full out girlfriend-boyfriend action.

On top of that, the play is in two weeks and I’m more than nervous. Ryan tosses my bag next to his into his car and then drives to a condo downtown where Ricks parents were staying for a couple months. We had to pick scarlet and Sam, Ricks brother, up there. As we pulled up, Ryan honked the horn, and the two kids ran out the doors and into ours.

“ready everybody?” Ryan asks enthusiastically.

“yes!” we all scream. And when I say ‘we’ that includes me. Ryan leans over and kisses my cheek before cranking up the music.

It was about a four hour drive to the resort, most of which I slept because, well, I was exhausted. I felt the car slow down and knew that we were off the freeway.

“you sleep so peacefully.” Scarlet comments and I blush, blinking my eyes to get used to the light. Ryan parks right in front of the resort and the two kids hop out quicker than you could say “we’re here!”

Ryan and I laugh before climbing out and grabbing our own bags. I hadn’t brought it up with Ryan yet, the fact that his parents gave us the honey moon suite. I didn’t know how he would react. The only reason I knew was because I was curious and wanted to see what our room would be like, so after getting the room number from Lydia, I went online to do a search.

Guess now, I didn’t have to tell him, he got to find out. Unless he already knew. “room 24” he says aloud as we stop in front of it. He pulls out the key and slides it down the small slot.

One. Two. Thr-“what is this?!” Ryan asks, loudly if I may say so myself.

“this, darling, is the honeymoon suite. Didn’t your parents inform you about what room we got?”