2

I imagine yellow guy having a gapped tooth, and since this is supposed to be a little more "humanoid" version of him he'd have teef
So gapped tooth.

It felt like the day passed by too quickly, in an instant it was dark outside even though it was sunny outside just a minute earlier. Maybe it felt like that just cause the whole time Y/N has been chatting and hanging out with the others, becoming warm with them and them being pretty friendly, somewhat welcoming them as a member of the group but the duck, Robin, would demand that four people wouldn't work out and that it should only be three, but that didn't seem to bother Y/N.
The four of them sat quietly inside the living room... beside Harry and Y/N. Earlier, Harry said that Y/N could just call him 'Red', so they tried keeping that in mind. The two of them were discussing a little about staying the night and where Y/N would sleep.
"If it doesn't bother you, I could sleep on your armchair for the night," Y/N commented, pointing to the chair the red man currently sat in.
"I don't mind, since...I don't sleep on it at night," 'Red' responded, Y/N nodding in response, "I think we have an extra blanket you could use...for some warmth. L—Let me go get it real quick." And like that, the red man would rush out of the room, leaving Y/N to wait.
They'd glance around the room before their eyes landed on Doi, who seemed bored out of his mind. Y/N started walking over to him and crouched in front of him, trying to remember social interaction for a moment and how to approach a "child" before they noticed some scrap paper from a newspaper nearby, quickly grabbing it and folding it multiple times, catching the yellow boy's attention.
After their fingers twisted and turned the paper and morphed it, Y/N made an origami swan, thanks to some of the crafting cartoons they saw on TV. He gasped and took the origami out of Y/N's hand, fascinated by what they'd created.
"What is this?" He'd ask curiously.
"It's a paper swan. Want to learn how to make one?" Y/N answered, Doi nodding and grinning ear to ear, showing off his gapped tooth, causing Y/N to softly smile in reply to this.

When Red came back, he immediately noticed how there were multiple paper cranes everywhere. Some were even piled on Robin, who's done passed out in his little rocking chair. Y/N and Doi were still creating cranes together out of the newspaper that the sleeping duck was reading earlier that morning. He'd stand there with the blanket for a bit before placing it on the cushion and sitting beside the two, joking in on what they were doing.
"So...why are you guys doing this?" Red asked.
"Y/N showed me how to make one, isn't it cool?!" Doi responded, still grinning a big smile.
    "Yeah, I guess it's... cool," Red said, staring at Y/N for too long before looking quickly away and quickly shifting to counting all the paper cranes inside his head, including the new ones Doi and Y/N continued to make.
    Once Red was done counting them, he immediately stood and gently took the finished crane out of Doi's hand.
    "Okay, it's time to go to bed. You can finish tomorrow." Doi pouted at this, but green and the crane makers stood up at the same time. Red continued but in a hushed voice, "Now, finish placing all those cranes on Robin then come upstairs after, but do it as quietly as possible. Understood?"
    Doi nodded before turning around and scooping up cranes and placing them all on duck, Y/N watching as Red walked out of the room again before joining in the crane piling.

    It was dark. Too dark.
    Y/N felt a bit unsteady by the darkness of the room, but pushed through it and managed to get to sleep.

    Yet, nothing about the dreams was normal.
    It was of the trio they just met that day, but in their dreams, it was mixed with happiness and darkness at the same time. In some of it, it was them just sitting around and everything seems fine until it cuts to some small song then death or close-to-death situations.
    Everything sounded muffled, but they could see what was going on, and in the perspective of seeing everything go down in the corner of the room or from up above.

    Y/N felt like they couldn't handle it anymore when they watched from up above, witnessing Doi eat what remained of Robin because of some puppets singing and seeming to corrupt him into eating his friend. The only clear sound was the ringing of the telephone that echoed in their ears, sending shivers throughout their body as they shot up from the chair.
    The slight glow of moonlight lit the room as they shivered, their eyes darting around and trying to process what the hell was going on, soon realizing it was just a nightmare. But...they didn't feel safe to just fall back asleep, so they just walked into the kitchen to get a snack, only to yelp slightly when bumping into a figure.
    "Oh, sorry, I—uh...didn't see you there." Just by the monotone voice, it was obvious it was Red. And Y/N not knowing how to react, wrapped their arms tightly around him and buried their head in his chest since this man was pretty tall.
    There was silence between the two, except for some quiet muffled noises that sounded like labored breathing from the shorter one.
    Y/N felt as they were quickly lifted into the arms of the red man and walked back into the living room, Red sitting down on the armchair with Y/N cradled in his lap as he tried to comfort them.
    "I—I'm sorry, this.. this is embarrassing, I didn't m—mean to drag you into this..." Y/N mumbled in between the sobs they tried hiding.
    "No, it's alright, I deal with this a lot..." Red said, his hand rubbing soft circles on Y/N's back for comfort while his other arm gently cupped the side of their face and would wipe some tears away, but would mostly just have it resting there for some other comfort purposes. In about a minute or two, Y/N calmed down and didn't even remember what nightmare they had led to that small breakdown.
    "Better.?" Red would ask, his monotone voice humming and leading to some more comfort from Y/N.
    "Yeah," Y/N quietly mumbled, "could...could you tell me a story..?"
    "A story?" Y/N hummed and nodded slightly as a 'yes', "what kind?"
    "Anything, I just...want to hear your voice. It's...calming," Y/N stated, "peaceful, you could say."
    A soft chuckle came from Red as he moved his arms away a bit, just to lean the chair back and wrap the blanket around the both of them. Y/N shuffled and got into a more comfortable position, resting on top of Red with their head resting on his chest and Red's hand resting on top of Y/N's head, playing a bit with their hair. When Y/N thought s bit, they were curious about if Red was alright with this, but hearing him already start his story and seemed in no rush to leave made Y/N feel better about this odd situation.

    "There once was a lonely prince, but he wasn't lonely because he didn't have a true love, he was lonely because he felt like he didn't have an actual family he belonged to,"  he would start, "he lived with a family full of others that just didn't look anything like him, nor did the others look like each other, the prince wanted to find a family who was filled with people just like him. So, he set out on a quest and left his family behind for the family he wanted. He searched forever until he found people like him, but they were everything he didn't want. These people were selfish people who didn't care about feelings for anything...fun. They were what he hated about himself, so he left the family he always dreamed of because he was an outcast."
    Red went silent for a while before he spoke up again and continued, "he realized the family he did belong to was the one he was with the whole time. Because, although they were nothing like them, they understood him...somewhat. When he arrived back home, he became 'the happy prince' because he no longer felt alone."
    A soft smile spread on Red's face as he looked down at Y/N, his voice tuning somewhat softer, "and that was the story of the lonely prince...goodnight, Y/N."

    Silence filled the room once more before the sounds of soft snoring echoed in the dark room, but at least the snoring came from the being that was there to protect Y/N from any more of those bad dreams.