7

Y/N was back at home but they weren't ready for this. They'd look outside the window of the house to see snow covering everything around and and the cars that passed by on the street, most of them were people who were heading to work. Y/N stumbled a little and rushed around the room until they saw the calendar hung on the wall that they rushed to, almost tripping over some of the random trash that was littered around the room, most likely from their  current roommate. When they approached it, the date on it read 'December 21'. The day they fell into that world was the 20th. Was it just a dream?
    The phone from the living room rung, Y/N paused before cautiously walking back to the living room. They'd pick up the red, glossy handle of the phone off the holder and brought it up to their ear to listen to who was on the other side.
    "Y/N?"

    Y/N dropped the phone as their breath hitched, staring at the phone that hung off the side of the coffee table as someone continued to try to speak on the other side. Why did the person on the other side sound like Red, was it not a dream after all?
    They'd pick up the phone again and put the receiver back to their ear as they spoke to the other end, "Red?"
    "Huh?" The person talked back, "Y/N, I don't understand what that means, you know I don't understand your references."
"Oh, Jane," Y/N breathed out, realizing it was only their roommate on the other line. "Sorry. Why are you calling?"
"I forgot my purse in my room and I really need it, but I'm about to attend a meeting. Mind grabbing it and bringing it over here?" Jane, Y/N's roommate would ask.
"No, why don't you get it yourself after the meeting?"
"Because I have to stay to work after, I won't be able to leave!"
Y/N sighed, "Fine, fine, I'll come bring it to you."
"Thank you, I'll see you in a few." Jane would hang up the phone straight after, Y/N slowly set the phone back on the holder and looked around the house, now wishing they were back in that dream.

The roads were buzzing with life the more time passed, the outside was chilly from the snow that fell down, a shame that most of the people who walked on the street didn't have access to a vehicle. This was the case for Y/N, but thankfully they had some money on hand for the bus.
They'd shiver while waiting at the bus stop, the snow blowing onto them that they tried to block off with the layers of sweaters and jackets they wore. Another person shuffled toward them and stood on the other side of the tiny shelter until the bus arrived, the both of them walking on. Y/N darted to the first seat they saw and the purse slipped from their arm to the other seat, they noticed the person who came on the bus with them looking back and forth for a seat. His eyes landed on Y/N as they both made eye contact, Y/N's heart skipped a beat as the person who stood before them looked too familiar, but they'd quickly remove the back from the seat and place it in their lap, the man's eyes glanced between Y/N and the now empty seat before he smiled and sat down beside them.
"Thanks." The man mumbled, the both of them nodding to each other.
"You're welcome," Y/N replied, smiling at him and hesitating before asking, "You look familiar. What's your name?"

"Oh, uh...Harry." Harry would reply. Shock hitting Y/N as they realized why he looked familiar.
Harry was a tall man with a bit of a dad bod, his hair was long and looked like red yarn, a scruffy beard that also seemed like a dark red color, and his skin was a milk chocolate color. He wore a nice brownish-black sweater, a long tan colored blazer that stretched down to his thighs, and a green flannel scarf that wrapped comfortably around his neck.
"S—Sounds familiar, not sure from where though." Y/N tried to hide the stuttering, but they were shocked. Harry looked like a humanoid version of Red and they even had the same names and voice, yet they never met this man before.
"Maybe from some kind of event," Harry responded with the monotone voice Y/N was too familiar with, "what's your name?"
Y/N hesitated a bit before responding, "Y/N."
"Y/N? Y/N..." Harry repeated to himself in a mumble, "doesn't...ring a bell, sorry."
"Oh, it's fine, don't worry about it," Y/N looked Harry up and down, "Where are you heading to? Asking cause you look fancy."
"Just to the library. Manny had been bickering at me to pick up a book for him last night."
"Sounds like fun,"
"Mhm."
The two of them would hit it off pretty well despite Harry seeming shy during the whole situation, but they seemed to have things in common. Y/N was nervous and very confused about the whole situation, but managed to keep themself together until they got off the bus, saying their farewells to Harry and rushed to get off the bus. Since the building was a few blocks away, Y/N sprinted for it before they froze outside and into the building and dropping the bag off and planning to head back home but decided to turn things around and go after the library.