5

Day's have passed, and it felt like there was no answer on how to go back home. The group would search for an answer for almost a week, not knowing exactly what they should be looking for, but trying to find any clues. Times where it seemed like there was an answer would only lead to false hope. Y/N felt worried about what was going on back at home and wondered if anyone was looking for them at the moment.
    Silence filled the dimly lit living room that Y/N laid in, not able to sleep from their racing thoughts, their eyes fixated on the moon that shone through the window. Unlike the moon back at home, it was made more fabric to make the moon cartoonish than realistic. A defeated moan grumbled from Y/N as they sat up, throwing the blanket off them and standing up, walking to the door that lead to outside and creaking it open before stepping out into the darkness.

    Red rustled around in his bed, unable to sleep. It wasn't like this was uncommon, so he slid out his bed and got up, glancing over at the calendar that read 'June 20' for a hot second before quietly walking out the room as to not disturb the others. Most nights when he cant fall asleep he goes outside and walks around for awhile to help clear his head or anything thats bothering him before heading back home and falling asleep. He'd silently walk down the steps and into the living room, noticing Y/N was gone but he just assumed they were still somewhere inside the house so he continued on.
    When he stepped outside the house, he didn't expect Y/N to be sitting against one of the trees in the front yard and gazing at the moon.
    "Couldn't sleep?" Red asked, now looming over Y/N and staring down at them.
    "Yeah. Assuming you couldn't either," Y/N responded.
    "Mind if..I sit here.?"
    "Not at all, go ahead." Y/N would pat the spot beside them, Red sitting down beside them, a small gap leaving space between them. The two of them sitting comfortably in silence, staring at the moon, before Red spoke up.
    "S—So...what are you planning now?" Red asked, the both of them looking at each other at the same time before quickly glancing away.
    "I'm...not sure." Y/N spoke, knowing what Red was referring to, since they've both been talking about it for a week now since Doi didn't understand most of what Y/N said and Robin wasn't that warm towards them.     "I guess you could stay here with us until something happens," Silence filled between the two until muffled whimpers came from beside Red, "Y/N?"
    Red swung his head around and quickly noticed that Y/N was trying to hold back their tears, he panicked slightly but pushed himself closer and cradling Y/N in his arms. Their first response was to profusely apologize about crying and try pulling away, but Red wouldn't listen and kept holding onto them. Eventually, Y/N explained to Red vastly about how they felt.

    "I miss home and my family and I'm afraid that I'll never get back home to them yet...I don't want to go back home so soon because it's better here than back at home. I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't get back home, or what I'll do once I leave. I'm just so...stressed out right now." Y/N panted out between sobs they tried to hold back, hiding their face in Red's shoulder.
    "It's okay, we can figure something out..." Red responded, his head resting against Y/N's head, listening to them trying to muster words before giving up and relaxing into his arms, "I promise."
    Y/N hummed sadly as a response, their head pulling back to look up at Red, who was lost in Y/N's eyes that shimmered from the moonlight and leaked gentle tears that fell hard on the floor that also soaked the shirt that Red wore that night. They sniffled a bit as one of Red's hands cupped their face, his thumb gently swiping the warm tears away from their eyes, Y/N's hand rested on top of the one on their face as they stared deeply into Red's eyes, a longing feeling stabbed at Red as words strangled him as he tried holding them back.
    "Y—Y/N..?" Red muttered.
    "Yeah?" Y/N whispered back.
    A long silence followed as Red's mind was crying out to him to do something. He'd use his free hand to pull back some of the hair that covered his face, Y/N getting a somewhat good look of his mouth.There wasn't much to see except for his mouth.
    Red's lips parted slightly to reveal sharp and jagged-like teeth, his breath caught in his throat before he leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on Y/N's forehead before pulling away and quickly dropping the hair to cover his face up once more. Blush spread on Y/N's face as they sniffled once more because of their slightly runny nose from crying, they reacted to this by sitting up slightly and returning the gesture by planting a kiss on Red's forehead as well, close to his eyes.
    "Feel better..?" Red asked, a small quake was in his voice from the slight embarrassment by what he just done.
    "Yeah, thanks." A smile uncontrollably formed on their face as they shyly looked away and back to the moon, Red repeating the same.
    They'd stare at the moon in a comforting silence, Red's hand resting softly on top of Y/N's as their hearts practically pounded out of their chests, the funny thing being that it was in synch yet none of them knew. Y/N's head fell gently to the side against Red, quiet snores came from them as Red looked over at their sleeping form, smiling underneath the yarn. He'd move the yarn again and plant another kiss on the top of their head and continued to sit there for a bit before going inside the house with Y/N cradled in his arms to go back to bed. And although his nice yellow shirt had a giant wet mark on it, a warm feeling filled his body and made him feel all tingly inside. A

    "Y/N, Y/N, look!" Somebody would shout, shaking around Y/N's body till they woke up with a groggy groan, "there's something white falling from outside!"

👀 sup