𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 | yujin, IVE

-

-

As the count gets closer and the hours turn to minutes, you realize that after all this time spent with your friends, the beautiful idol you called your best friend was acting rather strange. Very strange.

You already had a feeling that this had to do with a question you asked her not long ago. a question about her being your new year's kiss, but her surprised reaction never resulted in an answer. With two minutes remaining until the years ticked over, she made her way towards you through the smoke-filled room and sweaty bodies that lined the living space at the party your friends invited you to.

Those clear eyes that you are constantly lost in never leave you.Under her gaze, you feel conflicted; she has intentions, but you just don't know what they are.

As she gets to you, the atmosphere around you is heavy and filled with something you can't quite identify. Her eyes literally stare into your entire being, making you anxious.

"Is everything okay?" You ask coyly, but the question is thrown out the window when the countdown from ten begins. Looking around at everyone in the building makes you realize that everyone already has their chosen partner. Although, with the alcohol in their systems, you can bet that most won't remember this moment at all.

"Ten!"

It's only for a split second, but you notice her eyes drop down to your lips.

"Nine!"

She takes a step closer, so close that you can smell the sweet perfume from her neck.

"Eight!"

She takes hold of your right hand in hers and strokes her thumb along your knuckles in a gentle manner.

"Seven!"

You know what is about to happen, so, in response to her brave gesture, you make the move to grab her other hand.

"Six!"

Her usual unpredictable aura has disappeared, and her intentions have become apparent. She is no longer hard to read as she prepares herself for something that could possibly ruin a friendship.

But when it came to you, she was willing to risk it all.

"Five!"

"Fuck the count," Yujin whispers in frustration as she smashes her lips onto yours. When you originally proposed the idea, you meant a quick peck at the lips. However, when you felt her tongue brush along your bottom lip, begging for entrance, you knew this wasn't just a new year's kiss.

There was something much more profound behind this.

Your once-connected hands were now attached to one another's bodies in an attempt to bring each other closer.

The world around you was drowned out by the bubble of euphoria you were surrounded by. The loud cheers for the new year weren't registered until you broke apart due to a lack of oxygen. Yujin avoids your eyes, but you hear her say, "I've wanted to do that for so long." 

And that's the only signal you needed to pull her back into a kiss, both with smiles gracing your faces.

As you break apart once more, you can't help but whisper, "I already prefer this year compared to the last one."

-

——— NOTE: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! i hope you guys have a fruitful 2023 <3 !! on a side note,, if i made another yujin fanfic would you guys still read it? 🤔