𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 | lily, nmixx

-

-

You yawned, your hand coming up to cover your mouth. Your eyes blinked blearily at the screen in front of you. There, sitting on the surface, was your computer, brightly displaying the notes you had taken throughout the course. And next to the computer, scattered on the desk, were notebooks and books that you couldn't even remember the titles of.

Your exam was soon, but it was hard to focus with how exhausted your body felt.

You grumbled to yourself, trying to snap out of it.

But that was when you heard the rustle of blankets behind you. You turned around, and there she was, Lily, your beloved girlfriend, sitting up on the bed. She was dressed in her usual comfy hoodie and sweats, her hair tousled as she was cutely rubbing at her eyes.

She looked sleepy. You glanced at the time; it was 12:59 am, about to hit 1.

"Ah," you whispered, looking slightly guilty. "Did I wake you?"

She didn't answer. Instead, she looked at you worriedly, "Why're you still studying?"

You sighed, shaking your head. "I have to know this stuff for the exam," you explained. "The grade is important to me."

She frowned, her puffy lips pulling into the most adorable pout. You almost smiled at the sight. But then you paused when she got up from the bed. 

You looked at her bewildered, "What are you—Lily, go back to sleep."

She didn't listen; instead, she kneeled down so that she was looking up at you from where you were sitting on the desk chair. She brought a gentle hand to your face and caressed your cheek softly, her eyes concerned and big.

"No, I'm here to help... always," she replied, quietly. And so she led you to stand up. You watched, confused, as she sat in the chair. But you had to admit, she looked extremely cuddly at that moment. You really wanted to hug her.

And it seems that she could read your mind because you suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist. you froze as she brought you to sit in her lap.

"Lily—" you stared back at her with wide eyes. But she interrupted you before you could get another word in. 

"So, where were you?"

You were silent, trying to process the situation. But finally, you pointed at the bottom of the screen, where she peeked over your shoulder to read the words.

"Okay," she said, her voice soft and soothing.

And just as she said she would, she helped you. She tested you on each of the points, reading them out slowly enough so that you could comprehend. and whenever you got them right, she would softly pat your head and place a long kiss on your cheek, making your cheeks heat up. 

"Aren't you smart?"

"Stop," you said, bringing your hand to your face to hide your flustered self.

She only chuckled at your actions, squeezing tighter. And yes, her other arm, never left your waist, as it stayed wrapped around you and held you securely.

"Correct!" another question right.

"I knew that one," you replied proudly, smiling to yourself.

"Cute," she simply mumbled. "What?" You looked at her.

"what?" She looked back with wide eyes, her face turning bright red.

But after a while, suddenly, you started to feel incredibly drowsy. You couldn't keep your eyes open, and your mouth kept opening in a yawn.

Lily noticed as she looked at you with soft eyes: "You studied enough, I believe."

She kissed your cheek again, slightly shifting so that you were more comfortable in her lap.

"Just a few more, okay?" she said. And then she hurriedly went through the last points, trying her best to get you to focus for just a bit more, still whispering small words of reassurance in your ear, making you shiver.

When she finally deemed that studying was enough, she picked you up. You let out a tired noise as you immediately latched onto her body as she carried you over to the bed. Your eyes felt heavy, and so did your body. But you immediately felt lighter when you felt her climb into the sheets with you.

It was quiet until you heard her groggy voice ring through the calm night.

"Proud of you."

You could only hum in response. She left a kiss on your forehead, smiling against your skin as she pulled you close to her chest. You snuggled closer, breathing in her usual body wash, which you loved so much.

"Thank you, Lily," you whispered into her hoodie. "Love you."

She giggled, hugging you tighter. "I love you too."

———NOTE: LMAO, i posted too many fluff, it's time for angst now, right? *evil chuckling*