𝙛𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙖𝙡 | yunjin, le sserafim

-

-

"Couples are just... disgusting."

"Agreed. All they do is eat faces and give each other lovey dovey eyes."

You turned to Yunjin, tilting your head at the shop door.

"Want to go out and spy?"

The teen gave you a smile, grabbing her milkshake and sliding out of her seat. You followed Yunjin out of the shop, hands shoved in your pockets as the two of you gossiped about the couples that threw themselves at each other around the mall.

This had always been a tradition between you and Yunjin.

Single and bitter, the two of you spent Valentine's Day each year at the city mall, making fun of boyfriends or girlfriends buying their lovers flowers and remarking on the number of cavities one could get from the amount of chocolate a relationship gave you.

And every year, Yunjin proposes to you—a fake proposal, of course—in a random store. Employees would go wild, showering the two of you with free products in honor of your first day with each other.

How romantic.

Every year, you would come home emptying shopping bags like it was Halloween night, giddy on the high of new makeup and stationary products.

Yunjin held her hand out to you, and you took it without a second thought. "Where should I ask you out this year?" I heard a new pop-up shop opened near the food court."

You used your other hand to point towards the open mall. "Lead the way."

With a TWICE song about love faintly playing in the background and Yunjin's hand in yours, you would feel your heart skip a beat when she pulled you to said store. And as she purposely got down on one knee and made a show in front of an employee, you felt a familiar burning feeling in your face that only showed up on days like this.

You still hated couples, and you thought fake proposing was the smartest way to win makeup freebies. You still detested hoards of chocolate that couples gifted each other and bouquets of flowers that caused allergies before spring had even arrived.

But every Valentine's Day, you had someone by your side, someone who didn't mind holding you close and sharing your hatred. and because of that, you felt a little content.

You knew you would have this certain someone for many Valentine's Days to come.