Bonus Chapter (Christmas 2023)

It's not much, but it's all I could produce with a writer's block. Hope you enjoy this little bonus chapter of all our favorite Christmas characters doing what they do best

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire... Jack Frost nipping at your nose..."

Hazel watched in awed silence from behind the sill of the door as her husband, Nick, was singing to their four month old son. Laying sleepily in his arms, he was slowly nodding off as Nick paced back in front of the large fireplace that crackled soothingly and sent a luminous glow to the large room.

"Yuletide carols... being sung by a choir," He hummed with a gentle smile, watching their son struggle to keep his eyes open. Nick's warm brown eyes reflected his son's, pure love stemming from them as the wee one finally surrendered to sleep. Nick's deep, but smooth voice was enough to bring any child to their knees. Adults, too. "And folks... dressed up like eskimos..."

"I don't think that's politically correct anymore," Hazel softly commented with a teasing tone, coming into the room at last. Nick quickly looked up, surprised by her presence. A slow smile then spread on his lips as she walked towards the two of them.

"Is that so?" He humored her, leaning down until he was hovering an inch above her lips. "Mrs Claus."

"Yep," She stated with a wry grin, before stepping up on her toes and kissing her husband's lips.

Santa Claus's lips.

Nick smiled against her mouth and kissed her back, making sure not to wake their son as they shared a moment. Hazel then sighed blissfully and leaned against his arm, looking down at their sleeping son.

"How long till you have to go?" She whispered.

"About ten minutes," Nick softly replied.

Hazel smiled, her heart fluttering with small excitement.

Tonight was Christmas Eve. The world was soon heading to sleep, hoping to wake up to snowy grounds, lots of presents and magical Christmas spirit. All of this and much more, her husband provided the world on this one magical eve.

"You should get ready then," She said, pressing a kiss to his thick, strong arm. "Wouldn't want you to be late."

"Santa's never late," He cleverly reminded her with a crooked smirk.

"He'd better not be," Hazel warned him, giving him a telling look. "Otherwise he might be late for his present when he gets back."

Nick's eyes instantly darkened. Turning towards her, he quickly peaked down at their son who was still sleeping soundly in his arms. "Don't tell me you plan on entering the naughty list again, Mrs Claus. That'll be two years in a row."

"Oh?" Hazel feigned with a little smirk. "Best teach me a lesson so it won't happen again. You do know how I like getting your... toys."

Nick's chest rumbled with a deep sound of arousal. "Hazel..."

"Hurry back home," She stood up on her toes and pressed another kiss to her husband's lips, before taking their son from his arms. "Go have fun with uncle Jack."

Nick gritted his teeth and reluctantly watched as Hazel cradled their son against her own chest. He didn't even as much as stir, the magical effects of his father still keeping him happy and sleeping.

At least someone in the family was on the nice-list.

"I'll be back soon," He promised, cupping her cheek and brushing his thumb over her bottom lip.