11: an argument

[TW: argument, divorce]

The leaves were falling, the pumpkin spice smell filled the air and people were happy that autumn was here. Cafes were full of white girls just there for the pumpkin spice lattes, and stressed students studying for exams. All was well in the town.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE JUST LEFT?" Kristin shouted at her husband.

"I mean that he said he missed Theseus and left." Phil responded, sipping his tea.

"THIS IS WHY OUR MARRIAGE IS FAILING PHIL, YOU'RE JUST A STUPID, SELF-CENTERED, MAN-CHILD." the goddess yelled, "I WISH WE NEVER FUCKING MET. ALL YOU'VE DONE IS RUIN MY LIFE."

"Kristin-" the crow tried, "- we can talk about this."

"NO." Kristin exclaimed, "I tried to have a family with you, I gave you everything, my heart, my soul, my children-" she put down her mug angrily, "-and all you've given me in return is a broken home and broken promises!"

"What do you mean? I'm trying my best here!" Phil also put down his mug.

"OH REALLY NOW? YOU'RE TRYING YOUR BEST?" she stood up, "I went through hell and back to raise the children- even then i was working TWO full time jobs! AND YOU SAY YOU TRIED YOUR BEST?" she laughed, "YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT SIT ON YOUR ASS ALL DAY AND TOOK ADVANTAGE OF MY MONEY. You just wanted to have control didn't you? You never cared about this family."

"Kristin, it's not like that, I can explain!" Phil rose from his seat.

"Explain then. Explain all the promises you broke. Explain why two of our three sons have left. Explain why I work two jobs while you sit here doing absolutely nothing!" Kristin sat back down, glaring at Phil. There was silence.

One. Two. Three. Four minutes passed. Phil still hasn't given any reason for his behaviour.

"Ok, so you can't explain then?" Kristin asked. "You're just using me for my power. You only agreed to all those promises so that i wouldn't leave, didn't you?"

"No- it's not like that, Kristin! Please just give me another chance, I can prove to you that I'm not a bad person." Phil begged.

"No. We're over. I'll get the divorce papers by Saturday. And I'll be fighting for full custody of the kids." Kristin left the room.