5

My head was pounding. It was like I had been punched many times. It actually felt way worse when it happened.. but just a comparison. My eyes shot open as I jumped when I saw a boy standing over me. "Don't do that." I muttered as I sat up and looked to see if Wednesday was here. She was nowhere to be seen.

"Sorry." He apologized. "Welcome back." He smiled. "Just take it easy.." He abruptly mentioned as I tried to get off the medical bed. The boy quickly sat down on the chair beside me.

"Nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump, huh?" He asserted.

"Mm..The last thing I remember was walking outside, feeling a mixture of rage and pity towards a certain someone.." I looked back at him and he looked away softly chuckling. "I dont always feel that way."

"I suppose this certain rage and pity is towards Bianca." He affirmed, he was correct. "Losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think." "Of course you didn't go against her, you kinda actually did the opposite." He gave a small smile as he continued looking down to the floor.

"..Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down which caused me to push my sister out the way and I thought, at least I'll die saving my own sister." I gave him a blank stare. "And then you tackled me out the way."

He gave me a certain grin as he looked everywhere else but my eyes and he shifted in his seat as if he was uncomfortable. "Why?"

He shrugged his shoulders and clicked his tongue. "Call it an instinct."

"Hm..so you decided to be stubborn and pushed me out of the way."

"Mm-hmm, most people just say thank you." He nodded.

"I would have rather died."

"So I should've just let that thing smash you to mush?"

"Particularly yes." I admitted.

He scoffed as he gave me a certain smile, "Good to see you haven't changed." "If it makes you feel any better, let's just say I returned the favor."

My eyes wandered around the room as I tried to remember him from my past, nothing clicked.

"Xavier Thorpe?" I do know that. "You probably don't remember me." "Last time we met, I was about two feet shorter, 40 pounds heavier."

"..Refresh my memory, what happened?" I asked him.

He exhaled, "Puberty I guess."

I chuckled. Dear lord. "No, What happened the last time we met?"

"Oh, uh, Yeah.. it was my grandmother's funeral.." He proceeded to look down. "She was friends with your grandmother, they spent their twenties together in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious."

"I don't know." He kept looking at me and proceeded to look away, repeating the process. "But we were ten and we were bored, and decided to play hide and seek."

"I had the inspired idea to hide in her casket." "I got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium."

"I heard muffled screams." I gave him a soft smile. "I just figured your grandmother had cheated death and was trying to claw her way out."

"..Either way, you hit the big red stop button and saved me from being flame-broiled..so.." "Now we're even." He exhaled. It was as if he was holding that back. I quickly got up, got ahold of myself and stood in front of him.

"..Well, thank you my boy savior."

-Please don't forget to star the chapters and comment so many others will find this story and hopefully enjoy it!! Of course you don't have too,  just a suggestion. .