8

(happy new year everyone !!)

                                        8

"Uhh..hi.."

We had sent Thing to go make Coffee boy call Wednesday for a bit of help. It had obviously worked since he was talking to us right now.

"That's Thing." Wednesday tells him as she pointed at the hand.

This boy looked so terrified. He was scared of..a hand. Seriously?

"Is he, like, your pet?" He put a question to, as his eyes were wide open. Blink.

"Hes sensitive."

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next level.."

He continued after a silent pause.

"Umm..so what happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?"

"Change of plans." I explained to him, "Desperate times."

"Are you still willing to help us escape?" Wednesday asked him, probably hoping he'd say yes. Though we could do it without him, I'll admit, it'll be harder but manageable.

"Well after what happened today, I'd figure they'd have you both in solitary."

"There's the Harvest Festival this weekend, Attendance is mandatory." In which she had a good point. I kinda do want to go.

"Alright, this conversation is so long." "I'll pay you to drive us over there, just don't tell anyone or else..I'll show up to your room unannounced and you don't wanna know what happens next." I popped a smile with it, I wasn't actually going to show up to his house.unless..he did something.

"I think you'll regret that."
He paused. "..but anyways it's free of charge, at least you'll both get out of this hellhole of a town." He smiled as Wednesday quickly ended the call.

"You're enjoying this way too much." She stated as she looked at me with a not so much serious look on her face.

"Have a little fun sister."

.¸.•*(¸.•*' ♥︎ '*•.¸)'*•.

"Are you both sure you can trust that normie?" Enid asked the both of us as she squinted her eyes to get a good look at the boy standing next to the cop car. He was having a conversation with a man which seemed like it was a very serious one.

"I trust that I can handle myself."

"Well.." The girl turned her whole body and looked at Wednesday. "Good luck and safe travels." She tried to hug her but my sister stepped back. "Still not a hugger..got it."

She quickly walked away as she headed to two other people that were waiting for her.

"We have to split up." Wednesday started as she looked away from Prinicpal Weems who was most obviously staring at us. "She won't be able to catch the both of us, don't do anything I wouldn't do." She stepped away from me and headed the total opposite direction.

"Would Wednesday try any of the festival games..probably not.."

But I would.

I headed towards the many games there was in which one specially caught my eye. The game was pretty simple, you grab a little arrow thing, you try to throw it and hope it pops the balloon. Then you win a prize.

Which is calling my name.

I quickly grabbed many of the sharp arrows and starting throwing it at the many balloons in front of me. The man in front of me seemed to be in disbelief as I popped five of them. Until I got interrupted by a voice speaking to me.

"Jeez, you get any better at this, you'll be taking a whole pack."

I turned to face this unmannered man which to my surprise was none of the less, Xavier.

"Actually, pandas don't travel in packs..they prefer solitude." "A for effort?"

Or was it E for effort?

I had told him as I took in his appearance. Which was obviously very normal because when you look at someone you see what they are wearing and stuff like that. Obviously.

He was wearing a nice long gray jacket and his hair was pretty much the same.

"Alright." He quickly nodded. "Subtle hit taken."

"I'm actually waiting for someone." I slowly nodded as I grabbed the panda from the guys hand.

"Who's the lucky guy..or girl?" He questioned as I quickly told the worker to hand this panda to Principal Weems.

"Just a friend I made along the way..uhh..I'm going to need you to run." I quickly left him and ran the other direction as I heard his confused mumbles.

"What-"

"Could you run any faster?" I slightly shouted as I grabbed his wrist, making him run faster. He was very confused on my remarks but didn't really seem to be bothered.

That so running quickly stopped as I saw my sister running into..the forest? We did not talk about running into the forest. I don't think that was the plan as I saw Tyler standing there confused.

"Yeah, you wait here.." I signaled him to go with the other boy. "Uh, go be friends with coffee boy?" I told him as I quickly ran into the forest after my sister. I heard his screams telling me where I was going but I didn't bother answering him back which was an obvious answer.I'm running into the forest..where else would I be going?

"Wednesday!" "Where are you going!" I yelled as she was way ahead of me, I was running out of breath. I don't like running. Out of all the places why the forest? I stopped my steps as I saw two figures ahead of me. Holy shit.

Okay, this is totally normal. The boy Rowan was standing in front of my sister with his hand up as she was being forced against the tree up in the air.

Telekinesis?

"Rowan, what are you doing?" I shouted as he quickly looked back at me and back at my sister. "You're the one I was looking for." He quickly dropped his hand as my sister fell onto the ground.

"Wednesday!" I put a step into my pace as I ran over to her. Everything began to move as I was then lifted against the tree. "Rowan, put me down, what is wrong with you?" I shouted as there was no use trying to escape.

"I'm saving everyone from you, I have to kill you." He admitted as he looked very uncertain on what to do. From the corner of my eye I saw Wednesday moving out of the way.

"Wait, the gargoyle, that was you?" Wednesday shouted as he nodded in response. "..It's always the quiet ones."

"Then why'd you try to kill my sister instead of me?" I asked him as it was a genuine question that needed an answer too.

"I thought it was you but it ended up being the other sister i-instead." He stuttered as he tried to act tough but I could see right through his actions.

"I'm sorry but we do not look alike.." I muttered.

"The girl in the picture..that's you." A page floated towards me as I got a better look at what seemed to be me?

"I'm sorry, you want to kill me because of some picture?" I shouted in confusion, this was so stupid.

"My mother drew that picture 25 years ago when she was a student at Nevermore!" "She was a powerful Seer." "She told me about it before she died."

"Rowan, put me down." I tried to shout but he was very much squeezing the air out of me. I wasn't able to think clearly as Wednesday frankly thought of a plan, or so I hope.

I was on the verge of passing out as I was frantically trying to breathe, in which suddenly I couldn't.

But before I knew it, I was falling at a quick speed and landing onto the rough ground. Those little specks of black started covering my vision as I knew I was about to black out. But before I could, I heard screams and something very large had killed Rowan.