Chapter 1

"Shield-bearer, The Underworld Protector, Yukisaki Y/n.....our savior has arrived."

The boy, presumably named Yukisaki Y/n, look at the humanoid boar with a confused face. How in the world does this being knows his name, and his title during his time living on Earth ?

"What ?"

/////////////

Y/n was in a daze, as he didn't know how in the world does this monster knew of his name like he knew the boy personally ?

"Uhmmm, who am I looking at ?"

"Forgive me for the lack of introduction. My name is Modes. The one who's called as the demon king. And, the one who's ruling this land called Nargol."

The demon king. That's been ringing in the boy's mind. He knew of some fantasy works about demon kings. They're essentially the antagonists of most fantasy settings, who planned on some really bad stuff.

But he can't judge that, as the boy had a fair share of some things he did during his time in the criminal world.

But then, the demon king start bowing to the boy, much to his confusion.

"Huh ? What are you doing!!?"

"PLEASE SAVE THIS MODES!!!!!"

He was honestly surprised and shocked by this. A guy who could easily kill him bowed in front of the boy.

"sorry but, I don't understand what do you mean................ Why do I have to save you"

"ahhh yes, this one forgot. You won't be able to understand even if I'm asking you to save us after suddenly being summoned. The truth is, currently, Nargol, which is governed by me, is facing an invasion."

Invasion. This is bad as the boy didn't plan on fighting now. But, he's having second thoughts because of the demon king's demeanor.

"who's planning to attack Nargol ?"

"It's because of the hero who was summoned from the spirit world by the goddess of Elios, Rena. She's not satisfied with just banishing me from the land of Elios, she even wants to snatch my treasure."

A heroic antagonist. This is quite rare in literature.

"I want to make a request Y/N-dono to fight and defeat that hero."

The demon king is too honest, causing the boy to sweatdrop. And seeing one bowing before him, makes it a little embarrassing. I mean, he's a Demon King. Try to act like one!!

"Yup, hero. The heroes of this world are no match for this Modes. That's why Rena summoned the hero from the world of spirit."

The world of spirits. That question bugs him as to what the World of Spirits is. By his tone, that world is where the hero originated from.

Defeat the hero heh ? This is interesting.

"Let me show to you how that hero looks like, Y/N-dono. Mona!!!!"

Then, a woman whose beauty is something that out of this world, came in. Seeing this, confused Y/n even more. But, he realize that she's Modes' wife.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Y/N-sama, my name is Mona. Please treat me well after this." Mona bowed to Y/n, prompting him to do the same.

"Mona, show the figure of the hero to Y/N-dono with your magical power."

She nod, then use her Magic to project a picture. Large amount of monsters are rushing to attacking just a few humans. But, somehow they obliterated them all. Guess magic did the trick.