Mission loneliness: chapter 5

The guys had gone on a mission that you weren't able to join. Usually, you would join them on patrolling the city, but this time, they were going to track down the Krang.

You stayed back at the lair, cleaning up and doing a quick exercise. It was nice having some alone time for once after a while. The guys are great, but they can be a bit much sometimes. As you finished a workout, you decided to clean the boys' rooms, except Mikey's. At this point, it wouldn't be worth it cause of how sloppy he can be. You went into Raph's room, where he had a few comic books laying around on the floor with dirty napkins all over the place. A few stains on his bed with Spike in a perfectly clean tank he stayed in while he was away.

Second was Leo's room. His bed wasn't made this morning, and he had a fresh spilled drink on the floor. Sure, he's a very responsible leader, but he's still just a teenage boy.

Lastly was Donnie's room. His bed wasn't made, and he had tools all on his table unorganized with blue print papers all over the floor.

One after the other, you cleaned those three rooms in less than an hour. Splinter had come out to offer you a cup of tea with small slices of cheese. You agreed to the offer and had a small conversation with him.

"So (Y/n), how do you like it here? Have the boys been good with you? Raphael specifically." Splinter started, taking a sip of his tea.

"It's been pretty well, Raphael has been a decent amount of rude to me lately, so I guess that's a start. The others have been great, I've been starting to exercise more to keep up with them." You said, taking a bite out of cheese and watching as Splinter sipped his tea.

"Remember, they have been training all their lives. Don't be discouraged that you are behind them. I was wondering if you'd like a few lessons with your weapon of choice, bow and arrow, correct?" Splinter asked, a small smile spread across his face while he played with his long stringed beard.

"Yes sensei, and I would love to take you up on the offer." You said and bowed down slightly.

"Great. You may get ready, and I'll meet you in the dojo in five minutes." Splinter said, standing up and exiting the room with his hands behind his back.

You got up and followed behind him shortly before starting to stretch, not wanting to pull any muscles or anything. You couldn't help but notice how tense you were, knowing Splinter he could basically kill you with one punch if he wanted to.

Once you were ready, you made your way to the dojo. You opened the door to see Master Splinter staring at his family photo, him and his wife holding who you assume is his daughter. Back when he was still human.

"I'm ready, Sensei." You said, bowing after. He walked in front of you, bowing as well. Once you were both ready to start, you got into a stance with your bow in your right hand. Master Splinter was still just standing with his hands behind his back. Once you begin, you know you wouldn't stand a chance. But in the end, you tried anyway. Not for anyone but yourself. Knowing that if you take your time with training, you will improve. Even if it means you get your ass kicked.

You and Master Splinter have trained for about an hour before you took a break. Your feet were sore, and your legs felt weak from running, but in the end, you were able to pay your abilities to your bow and arrow. In the end, you went back to your room to lay down for a bit. April and Casey never came around that day, so you were by yourself.

How long is there mission gonna take? The sun has been up for ten hours, and they are still not back. Did something happen? I hope they're okay... man, it's boring without them. Maybe they had an accident and got separated?

Your mind filled with troubled thoughts, and you couldn't sleep. Is it the fact that you couldn't join? Or were you worried that something had happened? You eventually fell asleep but couldn't one thing out of your mind.