42. Dog's, turkey's, rat's and cat's

●●●

●●●

Amelia wanted to die. She had the desire to jump from the Astronomy tower and meet her maker. She wished that her young self could have unmasked some sort of divination, future-seeing powers that could have prevented her wish of death. She could go as far as to say that she wished that she was never born. Of course, she didn't know what that would mean for Ronald but she want to disappear.

She also wanted to scream.

Her body slumped against the side of the castle, her forearm resting against the stone, as bile spewed from her mouth. She groaned from the acidic aftertaste and clenched her stomach in agony. Under any other context, Amelia would have never believed a criminal and their outrageous excuse for murder. But after witnessing Sirius Black transform with her very eyes. From a black dog to his human form, perhaps there are foundations of a good reason for his despicable desire to kill.

Because she felt those same desires. Now that she knew Peter Pettigrew is scabbers.

" That man had been Scabbers this entire time?" She shouted. Her mind slowly digesting the news.

" Have you ever wondered how a rat had been able to live for so long?"

" I'm not particularity educated on the life span of rats!"

The one and only rat that Ron carried around everywhere. The very rat that would lounge around in her bedroom at night when she slept, or be present when she changed clothes as well as witness her dance around her room as she listen to the Werid sisters' songs on full blast. Merlin knows what other things he saw. But regardless, Peter Pettigrew has seen everything of the Weasley family and it disgusted her. It fueled a rage in her that almost matched Siruis's.

"That's why you are here at Hogwarts. For scabbers and not to harm Muggle-borns." Amelia asked, for clarification. 

" Why would I harm mug— you know what, Never mind. Yes, he is the reason I have returned. He has to pay for what he did to my brother and lily. He must pay." Sirius said bitterly.

The deranged man pictured in her mind was gone. In fact, he should have never been there in the first place. As they stood in the cold, snow casting down on them, Amelia saw Siruis for who he truly was. A woeful man. A man whose eyes were drained of life when he found the dead body of his friend— his Brother. The soul of a person who allowed grief to dictate their life. A man who was wrongly accused because of his prejudiced family. It was easier to point your fingers at him. After all, in the eyes of the public, everyone was the same in the noble house of Black.

Amelia's mind wondered if he had ever transformed into his human form and walked around her house — her room! Has he ever creepily watched any of them sleep? Knowing what she knows now — had he ever planned to murder them? He could have easily gotten away with it. No one would ever suspect a measly rat. And considering he was a — is a death eater, perhaps he would be honoring you-know-who if he killed a family of blood traitors in cold blood.