Chapter 50

B R Y L L E

YEAR 2010

"Mommy! Samuel and I have new friends!" I joyfully exclaimed to my mom the moment I barged into her office. She smiled at me and greeted me with a hug before asking about who my new friends are.

"Really baby? How come?" She asked.

"Well... There are two girls who saved us from a mad dog. You should've watched them shoo away the big dog," I said.

"Do you know what are their names?" Mommy asked again. I pouted as I tried to remember what their names are.

'You saved me from that mad dog that's why I'm going to call you angel!'

"I don't know who the other girl was but the small one with an absent tooth is Angel! Mommy, you know what, she's beautiful even though her tooth is missing," Mommy then pinched my cheek after that and then giggled.

"My baby has a crush. Your ate must know about this," she teased me which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"Crush?" I asked her, clueless. Mommy just chuckled at me.

I was 8 years old when I started to admire her.

YEAR 2014

"Mom, when are we going back to the Philippines?" I asked my mom who is busy typing on her laptop. Beside her is ate who is also busy doing her school works.

"I don't know, baby," mom answered. I sighed.

Halos dalawang taon na kaming nandito sa States because of my family's growing business. I tried to kept in touch with my best friends from the Philippines through text messages but I ended up ghosting them unconsciously.

Sam and I barely talked to each other in social media. The different time zones serves as a great barrier for us to communicate.

I missed them- especially her.

I tried to open my Facebook account to stalk her but to my dismay, she still doesn't own one. Hindi pa rin ba siya gumagawa?

"You look like a duck, Andrei," Ate Adrianna commented. I just rolled my eyes at her and decided to stalk Samuel's facebook account.

'Congratulations my chikadings!'

I smiled when I saw the photos posted by Sam's mom. Naka-tag mommy ni Christelle and Hannah doon.

"Woah, they already graduated?" I whispered to myself while checking the pictures.

They are all together wearing white togas. Smiles are also plastered on their faces. I wish I was there too.

I scrolled the post further until it landed on their solo photos. My heart felt a sudden leap when my eyes landed on Christelle's photo. She looks like an innocent Angel who is smiling in front of the camera. She also bagged a lots of medals, wow!

"She really is something."

I sighed and turned off my tablet. I can't wait to meet her again.