Epilogue

"He's so hot but he's such a prick," a girl said lowly to her friend. I watched them, smiling as I realized who they were looking at.

"I've tried to buy albums to get him to talk to me, but he's miserable. He rolled his eyes at me when I asked about that creepy metal band on his shirt. I don't think he's even able to smile."

"Seriously! Like his face is permanently in a frown."

"I wish he wasn't so hot."

"Agreed," the other girl replied. They both sighed. I was still smiling as they went to the front counter, several albums in their hands. Mean Eddie glared at them and held his hand out, wanting them to give him their purchases. The first girl tossed her hair over her shoulder, leaning over the counter.

"Do you think we made good purchases?" she flirted, trying to get Eddie to engage with her. Eddie gave her a withering glare.

"I think anything that Michael Bolton puts his face on is fucking worthless," he sniped, ringing them up. The first girl looked to her friend, trying to get her to help. Her friend also leaned over the counter.

"Well, what would you recommend then?" she asked. I didn't have to see her face to know she was batting her eyes at him. He rolled his eyes.

"A fucking lobotomy," he snapped. I tried not to laugh – I decided to have fun and help them out.

I walked up behind the girls, smiling at Mean Eddie. He was still ignoring them as they continued to flirt with him. He finally looked up and his face broke into the smile Nice Eddie always saved for me. The girls stood up straight, confused.

"Hey, pretty girl," he greeted, looking past them and watching me. The girls turned, surprised to see me. I walked around the counter, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"Hi, honey," I replied. He was still beaming at me and leaned close to my face. I met him in the middle, pressing my lips to his. I pulled back and looked at the girls, still feeling Eddie's smitten stare.

"Michael Bolton is great – please ignore my boyfriend, he's just my grumpy music snob," I explained. The first girl's jaw was dropped and the second looked between the two of us.

"Your boyfriend?" the second girl asked, stunned. I leaned into Eddie and nodded, smiling as he kissed my temple.

"I have no idea why she settled for me," Eddie quipped, still watching me. I looked up and smiled at him, my heart catching. Eddie didn't break eye contact with me. "You two owe $23.34."

I looked at the girls as they watched us, stunned. They handed me cash and I gave them change, waving as they left. I turned back to Eddie and grinned. He kissed me again and took my waist, lifting me onto the counter. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his face close to mine.

"You know, according to those girls, you are very hot but very mean," I teased. He grinned and shrugged.

"I only have interest in being nice to one girl," he replied, kissing me hard. I laughed as he moved down my neck, leaving the love bites he always enjoyed giving me. He came back to my lips and kissed me quickly before going back to the till. I reached out to his hair and brushed it softly.

"You need to get the ends trimmed," I observed, playing with his hair as he hummed happily.

"You can give me a cut after the show tomorrow," he offered, leaning into my legs that were draped over the counter. I smiled and hooked my finger under his chin, pulling him to me.

"Are you excited?" I asked. He sighed and shrugged.

"I'm nervous. I can't believe I let you talk Alan into this. The monthly shows are supposed to be for good bands," he whined. I smiled and kissed him.